Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robyn will be opening for Coldplay in the U.S. No word on the Canadian dates yet.

Not all of the US.

The West Coast and western Canada gets Metronomy and The Pierces.

04-17 Edmonton, Alberta - Rexall Place %#
04-18 Calgary, Alberta - Scotiabank Saddledome %#
04-20 Vancouver, British Columbia - Rogers Arena %#
04-21 Vancouver, British Columbia - Rogers Arena #
04-24 Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena %#
04-25 Seattle, WA - Key Arena %#
04-27 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion At San Jose %#
04-28 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion At San Jose %#
05-01 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl %#
05-02 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl %#
05-04 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl %#

Robyn and Wolf Gang are opening at these dates:

06-22 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center *
06-23 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center *
06-25 Houston, TX - Toyota Center *
06-26 Houston, TX - Toyota Center *
06-28 Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum *
06-29 Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena *
07-02 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena *
07-03 Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena *
07-05 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center *
07-06 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center *
07-08 Washington, DC - Verizon Center *
07-09 Washington, DC - Verizon Center *

Eastern Canada and the rest of the US dates get Marina and the Diamonds and Emile Sande
07-23 Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre ^
07-24 Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre ^
07-26 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre ^
07-27 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre ^
07-29 Boston, MA - TD Garden ^
07-30 Boston, MA - TD Garden ^
08-01 Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills ^
08-03 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center ^
08-04 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center ^
08-07 Chicago, IL - United Center ^
08-08 Chicago, IL - United Center ^
08-10 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center ^
08-11 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center ^

http://pitchfork.com/news/45526-robyn-to-open-for-coldplay/

I don't go to concerts to see opening acts, so I don't care who they are. But I always pay attention, particularly if it's an artist I've never heard of. You just never know, you just might end up discovering something new that you like. It's how I discovered Arcade Fire*, as I had no idea who they were several months before they opened for U2.

*Obligatory Arcade Fire reference by yours truly.

I don't go to concerts to see opening acts, so I don't care who they are. But I always pay attention, particularly if it's an artist I've never heard of. You just never know, you just might end up discovering something new that you like. It's how I discovered Arcade Fire*, as I had no idea who they were several months before they opened for U2.

*Obligatory Arcade Fire reference by yours truly.

This is true. and me also on how I discovered AF.. (thank you U2 for playing Wake up on their Vertigo Tour).

However, I have seen Robyn on Saturday Night Live and didn't care for her.

I get that not everyone even likes dancey pop music, much less loves it like I do. I just wish more people loved Robyn, because she's legitimately amazing. I was thrilled she got to be on SNL, but if you aren't a pop or dance music fan, it's likely that it's just not going to be for you.

I would be psyched if Robyn was opening for them here, but unfortunately she's not. Also, they're not playing here.

Fair enough. But seeing something on TV and in person are two different things. All I'm saying is, unless it's The Fray (fuck you, U2), then you should at least give the opener a chance.

I don't like pop/dance music. I certainly will take notice and watch. And yes The Fray (ugh).. awful. Just not excited about it.

I'd been wondering who their opening acts were going to be. Interesting options.

Looks like I'm going to need to brush up a bit on either Marina and the Diamonds (whom I think I heard a song by once, and liked it) and Emile Sande.

I don't go to concerts to see opening acts, so I don't care who they are. But I always pay attention, particularly if it's an artist I've never heard of. You just never know, you just might end up discovering something new that you like.

Agreed.

I always feel for the opening acts. It can't be easy to come out and perform before a big-named artist and have to deal with a crowd who's mainly there to see the main event. And if they get treated nasty by the crowd, I feel really bad for them.

I don't know a lot by Robyn, but I like what I have heard from her :). I wouldn't have minded her as an opening act at all.

I was so bummed about Robyn that I missed that Marina and the Diamonds. I'm bummed to miss them as well. I really like that CD.

I've never heard of them, but since I get them twice, I'll give them a listen! :up:

Yeah, definitely going to go to that one :). We're just working out a few more things, but we're planning on being there. It'd be great to meet you guys, too, I hope we get to. I haven't had a chance to talk about us all meeting up with my friends yet, but I'm going to do that soon.

Man. This all goes according to plan, August 10th is going to be FUN :hyper:.

Yeah, definitely going to go to that one :). We're just working out a few more things, but we're planning on being there. It'd be great to meet you guys, too, I hope we get to. I haven't had a chance to talk about us all meeting up with my friends yet, but I'm going to do that soon.

If nothing else, we will find you at the show. You will only be a few sections over! :up:

So are you still wanting to buy my tickets then? :)

Um, why haven't they announced any more tour dates? :( And I continue showing strong love for Mylo Xyloto. Tied with Viva La Vida / Death and all His Friends as my favorite Coldplay albums. :love:

Still no mention of them coming anywhere close enough for you :(?

I still love that album, too. It's so fun and puts me in a good mood.

That said, I think "Up In Flames", which isn't upbeat or happy by any measure, may well be in my top 5 from Mylo Xyloto. I really, REALLY love that song :drool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom