Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he was being that serious either though...

Oh and trust me... there are much worse behaviors than the tomahawk chop. Much worse.

Sometimes, some of you misinterpret my ridiculous posts as serious. I've watched clips of it on youtube, it's one of the dumbest crowd behaviours I've ever seen.
Friggin' Cobbler. You're so out there all the time I never know what's what.

For people that grew up in the 90s, the two go-to frontrunner teams were the Yankees and the Braves. They were the best teams and both all over national television, the former by constantly being on ESPN and the latter because TBS broadcast them nationally. And they're oddly enough, unlike the Yankees, a really shit fanbase that doesn't even fill up the stadium.

Yeah, see, I've got no idea. To a completely ignorant, naive Australian looking on American sports (and I'm almost one of them), the Yankees are the team to support.

But if all you baseball fans here consider following the Braves egregious, let me assure you that I do not in any way support them (or any MLB team for that matter). A lot of people here have the caps (many refuse to take the sticker off ughhh), I think they look cool, I love Outkast, Big Boi often wears one. Simple as that!

Cobbler, I think your love for Big Boi is just a little too obsessive ...

By the way, anyone else noticed Chrissy Boi sings "she asspected" the world in Paradise? Like a kid who can't yet say expected? Wtf?

Yeah, I noticed that on the first listen and every listen following.

It shocked me when I watched the song live and he still did it. He actually can't say 'expected'.

The lyrics are the worst part of every Coldplay album, so I guess.

The production really lets me down on this one too though. Plus, I mean, it's only like 7 songs. 11, tops.

cobl04 said:
Paradise has grown on me tremendously.

And can I stir the pot and say Mylo Xyloto > King of Limbs?
I can agree with the first ststement.

The second one... meh.

I'm still underwhelmed by Mylo as a whole.

But if all you baseball fans here consider following the Braves egregious, let me assure you that I do not in any way support them (or any MLB team for that matter). A lot of people here have the caps (many refuse to take the sticker off ughhh), I think they look cool, I love Outkast, Big Boi often wears one. Simple as that!

I'm guessing that the main reason PFan has such acrimony for the Braves is that they are divisional rivals with the Phillies. I personally see no reason to dislike the Braves. Sure, they were great for a long stretch of the 90s, but at least they accomplished that with solid pitching and management rather than simply a bloated, mercantilist payroll like the Yankees.

I don't like them because when they're winning their fans still don't come out and because they have frontrunning fans. At least Yankees fans fill the ballpark.

I don't have the same dislike of the other three NL East teams, though Florida is a close second because their fanbase is also pretty sad. You could say their ownership has something to do with it, but then look at the Heat's attendance.

The Heat's attendance is fine. They sell their games out. People are just notoriously, disrespectfully late. But I think that's because the 'Big-3' craze in Miami ended up putting the tickets in the wrong hands.

The Heat's attendance is fine. They sell their games out. People are just notoriously, disrespectfully late. But I think that's because the 'Big-3' craze in Miami ended up putting the tickets in the wrong hands.
Not only do they not sell all their games out, they don't even sell all their playoff games out.

No one is questioning your dedication to your teams, as you are most certainly a dedicated, educated fan, but Miami is just a terrible sports city. There's just not very many dedicated fans in that area.

Not only do they not sell all their games out, they don't even sell all their playoff games out.

No one is questioning your dedication to your teams, as you are most certainly a dedicated, educated fan, but Miami is just a terrible sports city. There's just not very many dedicated fans in that area.

Alright well this is the Coldplay thread so I'm just gonna move this to the NBA thread at the very least.

Paradise has grown on me tremendously.

And can I stir the pot and say Mylo Xyloto > King of Limbs?

I deeply disagree. While I consider King of Limbs to be a weaker Radiohead album I still prefer it over that boring crap that IMO is the latest Coldplay album a thousand times. I didn't even bother to get tickets for their upcoming shows. I really tried to like the album but I can't. Paradise is so annoying. And a lot of stuff on the album is just mediocre. Now that I think about it I believe Coldplay's best work was long ago, I didn't even like Viva La Vida.

X&Y's best 2 songs are better than anything on KoL... besides Codex. And I don't think Codex beats out Talk for me.
But that's just me. (prerequisite opinion clarification)

I deeply disagree. While I consider King of Limbs to be a weaker Radiohead album I still prefer it over that boring crap that IMO is the latest Coldplay album a thousand times. I didn't even bother to get tickets for their upcoming shows. I really tried to like the album but I can't. Paradise is so annoying. And a lot of stuff on the album is just mediocre. Now that I think about it I believe Coldplay's best work was long ago, I didn't even like Viva La Vida.

I have the same sentiments.

About why Coldplay's album is better than Radiohead's (preserving the boring, removing the 'crap').

Cactus Annie said:
Coldplay are just 4 guys who don't find that song annoying. There must be others who feel that way too.

You of all people shouldn't be making assumptions, Annie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom