Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the album

and Hurts Like Heaven, Paradise, Charlie Brown, ETIAW and Don't Let It Break Your Heart have gron TREMENDOSULY on me

and I really like Us Against The World

the other day I played X&Y on my radio, it stayed for days. Then played VIVA LA VIDA, I think I heard it 2 times. This one, Myley Cyrus, it has the potential to stay more time than VLV... who would've thought about it?

I think its been mentioned before, but the vocals on the first part of 'Hurts Like Heaven' really don't sound right, too drowned out or something...

Other than that this is a pretty solid album....catchy, radio friendly tunes....typical Coldplay.

I wish they were doing New York show while they are here, they need to make up for the gig they did have scheduled for September but got canceled because the radio station sponsoring it got sold. Will be watching SNL but predict that SNL's sound mix will not be kind to Chris Martin so I'm expecting it to not be their greatest appearance.

It doesn't sound like him I reckon. At all. Like it's really off-pitch or soemthing

I just can't believe that whoever produced or mixed the album thought it sounded good having the song/vocals start like that. Especially for it being the first real song on the album.

'Hurts Like Heaven' definitely gets better as it goes on, but does that opening sound good to anyone?

Yeah, they were good on SNL. Martin sucked in that Weekend Update sketch though.

To be fair, he got thrown into a tough bit for anyone other than a professional. Armisen takes point on those, and with all her chops, even Wiig has trouble keeping pace sometimes. I can't think of a more difficult bit to guest on for this current incarnation of SNL.

Oh indeed. Loved it. The writers' sketch at the end of each episode is always the place where they try out weird ideas like that, and this one was great. I also really enjoyed the bridal shower sketch, and the Adele thing was pretty good too. Solid episode, even if the first sketch of the night was another terrible, same-joke-as-always round of Secret Word.

Emma Stone is hot.

While we're on the topic, would you say that Charlie Day's episode from a couple weeks ago is worth watching?

I love the guy, obviously, so I'll probably check it out at some point. But was wondering what you thought of his hosting performance.

He was fine, but the episode was pretty weak. They did another Kings of Catch Phrase Comedy deal that was really funny, though. And there was a good sketch where he and Sudeikis played detectives investigating the Seinfeld apartment.

For some reason the name "Boston Powers" cracks me every time they do one of those catch phrase comedy things.

Please lets not let Chris Martin beat Bono

Are you talking about in a street fight?

A singing contest?

If it were to get physical, Bono can always just use the fucking ridiculous 6 inch lifts on his shoes to gain the advantage over Martin. It'll be like he's the Rosa Klebb of fat, aging rock stars.

U2BonoShoeWeb.jpg

I wonder if Bono and Chris Martin ever get together, drink scotch, and laugh their asses off at this perceived rivalry between them.

I don't think there's so much a rivalry as I do seem to remember some interview in which Bono just kind of finds Martin a bit laughable. I could be making this up, however.

I think the only people who see a rivalry between Chris Martin and Bono are insecure U2 fans.

There's no rivalry. There's hardly even any interaction.

I don't see a rivalry at all, I never thought that was exactly the thing, but anyone who thinks Chris Martin doesn't have a Bono-worship complex is kidding themselves, it's he himself who went on about it enough in interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom