Chromatics - Kill For Love, etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my copy of AD1, which I have never heard, better be in my gosh darned mail box today, dang it.

It's here, and it was indeed packaged with AD2. Can't wait to throw some headphones on and listen to AD1; I've only heard the sequel (and loved it). I may end up agreeing with Scumbo, just because it's such a high bar. I maybe disliked 2-3 tracks on AD2.

I'm wondering if an AD2 vinyl release is even planned. The website never listed such an item and I get the feeling that Johnny is tossing in the free AD2 CDs since he figures the people buying AD1 would've bought AD2 had their been a vinyl...

It's going up this week. Per this blog post on Friday:

MESSENGER...TICK...RUNNING...NIGHT DRIVE...KILL FOR LOVE...BEATBOX...AD 1...AD 2....DESIRE....ALL AT THE PLANT. RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. CHERRY IS DELAYED BECAUSE JOHNNY CHANGED THE ARTWORK. SO IT'S BEING REPRINTED. WE'LL SEE AD2, BEATBOX NEXT WEEK. WE SHOULD SEE THE OTHERS THE WEEK AFTER THAT AND CHERRY TWO WEEKS AFTER THOSE. PLUS A BEAUTIFUL NEW DESIRE 12" AND A BONUS VERSION OF FEELING WITHOUT TOUCHING IN THE WORKS. JOHNNY'S STILL WORKING ON THE "I WNAT YOUR LOVE" 12" TOO. AND A TRIPLE LP OF THE FILM SOUNDTRACK HE JUST DID FOR "BEAUTIFUL NOW"... SO MUCH GOOD STUFF COMING! WE'RE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH. ALL VINYLS ARE CHROME BACKS WITH COLORED WAX

Sweet!

Makes me wonder, though, what did they give someone who may have purchased both AD1 and the CD of AD2 :hmm:

I do indeed prefer AD2 to AD1. Much more chill and consistent in both quality and sound.

That being said, AD1 is quite a party. Disappointing that I already knew a lot of the tracks that I loved, but you can't beat Rolling Down the Hill. The Farah songs were hampered by the least charismatic vocals of all time and La Grotta feels like the demo that it is, but otherwise I had a lot of fun with it. Great value with AD2 as well, which as I've said before is one of my favorite releases of the year.

Who knows where the fuck my AD2 CD is. On August 9 I got an email via paypal saying it had been sent, nearly a month after I bought it. Never got a download code either.

Alright, looks like the 3xLP for AD2 actually goes up Monday:

GLASS CANDY AT THE FONDA IN LOS ANGELES ON FRIDAY. IF ALL GOES WELL WITH THE VINYL FROM SF...THEY WILL HAVE THE "AFTER DARK 2" CLEAR VINYLS WITH THEM FOR $10. CHROMATICS & DESIRE WILL BE SELLING MERCH FOR THEM. THEY'LL ALSO HAVE FREE HUGE CINEMA POSTERS FOR "AFTER DARK 2". "BEATBOX" & "AFTER DARK 1" ON CLEAR & "KILL FOR LOVE" ON MAGENTA. MAYBE SHIRTS..."AFTER DARK 2" VINYL IS SCHEDULED TO GO INTO THE STORE ON MONDAY. WE ARE SAVING 10K FOR THE MAIL ORDER TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T RUN OUT...AND ANOTHER 10K ARE GOING TO EUROPE & NORTH AMERICAN DISTRIBUTERS.

It's weird....I have everything I liked this year on vinyl that's out there, but having the cute little After Dark 2 CD for free from Johnny kind of makes me not all that excited about this purchase. I like the CD and own the album on physical media because of it, so, I dunno. Him packing it in there for free kind of gives it more sentimental value than I think I'd get from the LP.

On the other hand, it would nicely compliment the other set. :hmm:

No hairs stuck in there either.

This was actually a salient point about the quality control that Johnny has taken...I have a lot of limited edition green or white vinyls with noticeable debris in them...even the new Replacements EP had some paper bits in the middle of the red clear...

These vinyls on the other hand are literally spotless, no matter the color/type.

Man, this label rules. My AD2 came with a bunch of stickers and free CD copies of beatbox, Night Drive, and both ADs. Gonna have to pass those out to friends.

Damn, that's a bunch of nice bonus grab!

That Tick Of The Clock single is back up...if you're just getting that, the price comes out to 10 bucks since shipping is five. Meh. Sure it's cool though.

Seeing Chromatics and Glass Candy next Friday. I hope they are good live.

Night Drive and Beatbox would be awesome, if you haven't already gifted them. No worries if so, I appreciate the offer!

These guys (and Glass Candy) were awesome tonight. One of the best concerts I've been to this year. Wow. To top it off, Ruth Radelet (who was damn sexy tonight) signed my copy of Night Drive:

I am jealous.

Some generous Texan gave me Chromatics and Glass Candy CDs for free earlier this week. Free!!!!

My AD2 came with a bunch of stickers and free CD copies of beatbox, Night Drive, and both ADs. Gonna have to pass those out to friends.

Yeah, me too. Funny considering I paid $15 for the Night Drive CD alone a while back.

Back
Top Bottom