Cheating in music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IN a magazine I read, I think it maybe this months Mojo, Edge was asked to pick his favorite track of the year. I forget what it was now but he said liked this particular track because the production is very raw. He says that as a fan of music the last thing you want to hear on a rock record is perfection. He says it takes away the character of the recording.So that basically confirms what I wanted from you guys when I started this thread in the first place. That they won't use it.

I wanted to hear BonoVoxSupastar to say that they never used it the U218 disc, Bonocomet to pipe up and say that it wasn't used on the U2 3D film, Corianderstem to say that on all the recent remasters, she's never heard it. Then U2Fanatic will say that it is wrong to use it . This is eactly what people from other U2 forums have said about it. This one guy said he hated Hobastank and Maroon 5 because they use it. On the discussion page on Autotune in wikepedia and many many other sites I've been on everyone hates it.

I can hear it on the one record

:mad:

ok, leave me out of it. And don't make assumptions on my part either cuz I don't appreciate it one bit. You don't know anybody here and generalizing ain't helping ur cause either. Nothing you state is going to make me feel any different. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT AUTOTUNE... and that is a FACT. If a artist uses it or not for me, it doesn't matter.. As my previous post said I am more about how it sounds live than on an album.

This is eactly what people from other U2 forums have said about it. This one guy said he hated Hobastank and Maroon 5 because they use it.

So because other U2 fans elsewhere on the net hate it, we have to hate it too? Not so much, no.

Also, I don't care one whit if Hoobastank and Maroon 5 use autotune or not. I hate them because their music sucks.

OMG you saw me and didn't say hi?

If only I'd known it was you. :( I should have guessed though, I could see it was an unmarried Latino woman who was clearly pretending to be married. You finally sucked Nate in, did you? Good for you! :up:

Okay, I'm going to preface this by saying that I've skimmed through this thread, and the thought of going back over it more carefully makes my head hurt, so I'm not going to. Is the original point that Mary J Blige used autotone on One? And that's what the original poster is all up in arms about? And that Bono should have prevented this? If that's the case, I say that's a rather silly thing to get all bent out of shape over. It was a one off cover tune/collaboration done by a mediocre at best performer, so what's the big deal? However...

I did read the recent post made by the original poster where she quoted a singer as saying that if you have the ability to sing, it's lazy to use autotune, and I do have to agree with this. I also can see where electronically correcting a voice on a recording would kind of sap the uniqueness and emotion out of it. IMO, and I'm sure many of you would agree, often times, the most compelling vocalists aren't the most technically perfect ones, but the ones who have sometimes obvious flaws, but also a uniqueness that just sort of gets you on an emotional level. That said, do I automatically hate or dismiss any vocalist who uses it? No. But if you don't need to use it, it just seems sort of dumb and pointless, and quite possibly, your music might suffer for it, on some level.

:shrug:

I wanted to hear BonoVoxSupastar to say that they never used it the U218 disc, Bonocomet to pipe up and say that it wasn't used on the U2 3D film, Corianderstem to say that on all the recent remasters, she's never heard it. Then U2Fanatic will say that it is wrong to use it . This is eactly what people from other U2 forums have said about it. This one guy said he hated Hobastank and Maroon 5 because they use it. On the discussion page on Autotune in wikepedia and many many other sites I've been on everyone hates it.

I can hear it on the one record

What?

You do realize U218 was a best of, and there were only 2 new songs right? Only 6 of which were released after autotune.

For the most part you cannot hear autotune! Unless it's used throughout the whole song with a bad singer and then it's obvious.

I dare you to point out where you hear it on a U2 song.

And now we are back to the original premise, you are taking the word of some guy on a blog that Bono even used autotune on the new version of One, and I listen to the song and I can tell you, if he did, he didn't use it enough.

So because other U2 fans elsewhere on the net hate it, we have to hate it too? Not so much, no.

Also, I don't care one whit if Hoobastank and Maroon 5 use autotune or not. I hate them because their music sucks.

And the reason is you.

this thread is starting to just become a whole bunch of bickering. if the thread can't stay civil without a bunch of arguing i'll have to close it, etc.

This is eactly what people from other U2 forums have said about it. This one guy said he hated Hobastank and Maroon 5 because they use it. On the discussion page on Autotune in wikepedia and many many other sites I've been on everyone hates it.
and i'm sorry, this to me sounds like you're going from forum to forum posting this to incite arguments. that's considered trolling, and if that's what you're trying to accomplish, it's not a good idea. that may not have been what you meant but well, that's how i interpreted it.

this thread is starting to just become a whole bunch of bickering. if the thread can't stay civil without a bunch of arguing i'll have to close it, etc.

and i'm sorry, this to me sounds like you're going from forum to forum posting this to incite arguments. that's considered trolling, and if that's what you're trying to accomplish, it's not a good idea. that may not have been what you meant but well, that's how i interpreted it.

I never intended to incite an argument with anyone. What does anyone on here care what someone says about Maroon 5 or hoobastank? Why do you care if I threw away a RHCP's CD, they're my possessions.I thought this was a U2 forum. I am not trying to start an argument with anyone, I was just trying to voice my concerns over something that does matter to me.

Yes if my favorite singer uses autotune it does matter to me. I wouldn't buy RHCP's album again, neither would I buy anything by Green Day, any of the recent albums by Metallica, Bonnie Tyler or any of the pop albums by Shakira. If you're a fan of Celine Dion you buy her albums because you like her voice and, especially in her case, singing technique. If a millionnaire is going to use it instead of spending a little more time hitting the notes in the studio then IMO that makes you disceatful. I cannot very well say to my boss "ok I'm going home now" and still expect to get paid for a full days work. I don't earn as much as Celine Dion either. Yes, I probably do care more about it if it's used on an album rather than live, because to me using it on an album rather than doing a retake is just lazy.

And I know U2 18 was a greatest hits it can be used on reissues. I read in an article from 2000 that all of Marvin Gaye's remasters had signs that someone had used autotune. And Marvin had a beautiful voice and was a fantastic singer. Naughty people! BTW, I don't care about effects. That Rihanna song uses it as an effect. I've heard her sing it live, and she's desent singer, not my type of music though. Cher, if you listen to many of her other songs, is a great singer. It is just used as an effect just like all that reverb on Stay was added in order to create a mood rather than as a cover up.

I don't think you understand how this place works, this is a forum for DISCUSION. If you post something, most likely you are going to get a response. In your case, if you spout a bunch on nonsense, not just here but in MULTIPLE other threads you are going to get angry replies and you are inviting an argument.

If you do not want to argue with others, DON'T ARGUE WITH THEM THEN! The fact that you keep returning to this thread leads me to believe that you are either looking for an argument, you have a problem with not having the last word in an argument or you are mentally unbalanced.

Having an opinion is great but if you are not interested in having your ideas challenged, I would suggest you start a blog and make sure you turn off the comment option.

How rude.

I never started an argument with anyone I was just saying that I dissagree with some of the replys to this thread posted by myself. I only posted it 3 threads and I already apologised for that. The reason why I did that was because people did the same thing in this thread. You never allowed me to reply or voice my opinions instead you kept saying I wasn't making sence. No wonder I got annoyed. I keep coming back in here is because it is a topic I feel very strongly about and because others have tried to derail my post then I need to put on the right intended topic.

Anyway, you've allowed me finally to voice my opinions now so that's it.

How rude.

I never started an argument with anyone I was just saying that I dissagree with some of the replys to this thread posted by myself. I only posted it 3 threads and I already apologised for that. The reason why I did that was because people did the same thing in this thread. You never allowed me to reply or voice my opinions instead you kept saying I wasn't making sence. No wonder I got annoyed. I keep coming back in here is because it is a topic I feel very strongly about and because others have tried to derail my post then I need to put on the right intended topic.

Anyway, you've allowed me finally to voice my opinions now so that's it.

Bonsai,

You stated earlier that you "stake" out other U2 forums looking for some sort of validation, some confirmation that your views do, in fact, make "sence". Then, when people disagree with you, you play the victim's role, claiming that others are being disrespectful to you, when all we're doing is calling you on what you're saying.

You cannot dispute what you wrote a few pages back, that with this thread you wanted to
... hear BonoVoxSupastar to say that they never used it the U218 disc, Bonocomet to pipe up and say that it wasn't used on the U2 3D film, Corianderstem to say that on all the recent remasters, she's never heard it. Then U2Fanatic will say that it is wrong to use it . This is eactly what people from other U2 forums have said about it. This one guy said he hated Hobastank and Maroon 5 because they use it. On the discussion page on Autotune in wikepedia and many many other sites I've been on everyone hates it.

And because you're not hearing what you want to hear, you're getting defensive. :shrug:

This thread's like a bad joke: the punchline is obvious, but it's still funny every time (in a very sad sort of way).

I don't think you understand how this place works, this is a forum for DISCUSION. If you post something, most likely you are going to get a response. In your case, if you spout a bunch on nonsense, not just here but in MULTIPLE other threads you are going to get angry replies and you are inviting an argument.

If you do not want to argue with others, DON'T ARGUE WITH THEM THEN! The fact that you keep returning to this thread leads me to believe that you are either looking for an argument, you have a problem with not having the last word in an argument or you are mentally unbalanced.

Having an opinion is great but if you are not interested in having your ideas challenged, I would suggest you start a blog and make sure you turn off the comment option.

FTW! :up: well said elfa! thank you!

Bonsai,

You stated earlier that you "stake" out other U2 forums looking for some sort of validation, some confirmation that your views do, in fact, make "sence". Then, when people disagree with you, you play the victim's role, claiming that others are being disrespectful to you, when all we're doing is calling you on what you're saying.

You cannot dispute what you wrote a few pages back, that with this thread you wanted to

And because you're not hearing what you want to hear, you're getting defensive. :shrug:

i especially like ur use of the word "sence". :lol: another FTW!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom