Chairlift - Something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: Favorite video of the year. Yep, even more than Necrogoblicon or whatever that thing's called.

Wrapping up my second listen of the new one and while I really like it, Ch-Ching can go fuck itself.

Nah, Ch-Ching is one of my favorite songs of the year so far. It's got a sexy strut, a memorable hook and some very smooth brass.

Love this album, possibly even more so as a whole than Something. Well, maybe not yet. I really came around to Something in its entirety after many listens. But Moth really is a great effort from them.

I didn't care for Ch-Ching at first, but now I'm really digging it. "Strut" is a good way to put it.

Damn, I really enjoyed Something but the new one didn't seem particularly interesting on first listen.

I expect they'll lose a few fans with this one. They trimmed off a lot of electropop and added in art pop and funk, though there is still some of their old sound remaining. I think it's a really fresh and well thought out new direction.

Last edited:
Seriously can bands I like stop adding funk to their style.

Apparently Caroline had a solo album under the name "Ramona Lisa" a few years ago. Anyone heard it?

Absolutely love this record. Might end up being the pop LP of the year. :up:

New album is definitely nice, but nothing is jumping out at me nearly as much as several songs on the last Chairlift album did. Not sure what I think yet.

New album is definitely nice, but nothing is jumping out at me nearly as much as several songs on the last Chairlift album did. Not sure what I think yet.

Took til the third listen for me to find anything I liked as much as, say, "Wrong Opinion", but I think I am starting to have serious feelings for "Crying in Public".

Back
Top Bottom