Chad Valley - Young Hunger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Ok guys. Don't know if this has been on anyone else's radar, but it has certainly been on mine.

For the uninitiated Chad Valley is Hugo Manuel, a indie/pop/synth/electro/producer guy from the UK.

His has some EPs, I think, but I haven't heard them. His debut LP Young Hunger is out at the end of the month but it is streaming right here right now - http://hypem.com/featured

This is the tracklist, take note of the guests!

1. I Owe You This (feat. Twin Shadow)
2. Tell All Your Friends
3. Fall 4 U (feat. Glasser)
4. My Girl (feat. Jack Goldstein)
5. Evening Surrender (feat. El Perro Del Mar)
6. Interlude
7. Up & Down
8. Young Hunger
9. Fathering Mothering (feat. Anne Lise Frokedal)
10. My Life Is Complete (feat. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs)
11. Manimals (feat. Active Child)

It's really good synth pop, very 80s, and I know we have a lot of fans of that genre here. Some of you will enjoy it more than I do. If you liked the Twin Shadow album then definitely check this one out.

I'll just leave you with Fall 4 U, which I've pimped about a billion times to little avail. One of four or five songs battling it out for my SOTY.

CHAD VALLEY - FALL 4 U (FEAT. GLASSER) - YouTube

Never caught you posting it before. Real life forces me to skim RMT more frequently than I'd like.

Ugh, if I listen to this, I won't get to sleep until 11:30 and I need to be up at 5:00 :crack:

Well, I've heard 3 songs from this so far, and we may have a late-year contender for favorite album of the year. Fuck.

This is ridiculous. It's like someone was reading my thoughts for the music I really really want to make.

Yeah so I've been listening to Fall 4 U a fair bit over the past month or so.

Cobbler making a great discovery unassisted is such a novel idea, such a rare situation - and if it means he finds artists like Chad Valley, then I hope it starts happening more often.

The Sad Punk said:
Yeah so I've been listening to Fall 4 U a fair bit over the past month or so.

Cobbler making a great discovery unassisted is such a novel idea, such a rare situation - and if it means he finds artists like Chad Valley, then I hope it starts happening more often.

I was so excited to finally be ahead of the curve for once :lol:

I've probably listened to Fall 4 U about 20 times since I first heard it. Ridiculously good.

More like Chad Kroeger - Young Hunger. amirite, gang?

avril-lavigne-4-300.jpg

The track with El Perro Del Mar is hands down my favorite and reminded me that El Perro Del Mar has a new album coming out this year :drool:

Please tell me the Active Child guest appearance is brief and/or unobtrusive. Just because if I check this out, I'd rather not throw up when I get to the end.

Just listened to Fall 4 U. Cobbler, I am indebted to you for introducing me to something terrific. I must return the favor some day :wave:

Back
Top Bottom