Candidate for worst video of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
For Your Consideration:

YouTube - Fly Away From Here

There are so many things wrong with this video, and I'd like to just take a moment to briefly highlight the most important features.

* Terrible CGI robots
* Stephen Tyler as a goth overlord that transfers between his own body and the body of his younger self, complete with braces
* Joe Perry as a Perry Farrell imitator
* Stephen Tyler as the bad guy from The Incredibles
* Stephen Tyler as Bono playing the bad guy from Terminator 2
* Literal interpretations of the lyrics (including a point when Tyler holds out his hand and an eye appears in it while he sings the lyric "You and I")

If you think there is something worse out there, please try and outdo me. I'd like to see you try.

Holy crap, I'd completely forgotten about that song. The radio used to play it a bit when it was out.

Joseph Kahn's the director-he likes his big, crazy, sci-fi or otherwise outlandish videos, doesn't he :p? I want to know what the hell's up with everybody's crazy hairdos, and why the main girl's standing there shooting beams and waving her arms around at...nobody? She's not fighting anyone.

And Joe Perry in that kind of makeup is just all sorts of wrong.

That's definitely a good choice. I know I've seen some horrid videos over time-I'll have to think a bit and get back to you on this. Hope other people can find some picks-if so, we're in for an entertaining thread.

Angela

I've seen bad videos, but I'm not sure I've seen one that raises SO many questions as this one does.

The only way I;m able to sleep at night is by believing that that video WAS intentional. Otherwise :yikes:

it has to be we built this city. im not sure how to put you tubes videos on here but i'm sure we all have ran into it. Its worse then the song. lol.

Back
Top Bottom