Calming songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh I just thought of another one!

Gravity - Coldplay

:drool:

I learn something new every time I visit this part of the board. Until last night, I had never heard of this song, so I Googled it and listened to both versions of it, the Coldplay one and the Embrace one. I ended up learning more about a song I never knew about just by opening up this thread. Good one. :up:

Kid A (the song)

:drool::drool::drool:

That entire album was built for this time of year, when the sun's intensity is fading, and the cooler air is creeping in. That's especially true of the title track...if you listen during a walk, I swear the leaves and trees come alive. Even the sidewalks take on new meaning.

Not necessarily 'beach' music...maybe 'uniquely calming,' for lack of a better description.

Sailing, by Christopher Cross.

Deal with it.

Is that the best that you can do?

"I'm Still Here" by Tom Waits
"Pacific Theme" by Broken Social Scene
"30 Century Man" by Scott Walker
"Pillow of Winds" by Pink Floyd
"These Days" by Nico

are some relaxing songs for me.

I learn something new every time I visit this part of the board. Until last night, I had never heard of this song, so I Googled it and listened to both versions of it, the Coldplay one and the Embrace one. I ended up learning more about a song I never knew about just by opening up this thread. Good one. :up:

:love: I love it when that happens! I don't even know the Embrace one. Guess I'll youtube it.

:yes:

Other calming Beatles songs for me are Mother Nature's Son, Here Comes The Sun and Because

Because does a great job :love:

"All day long I'm sitting singing songs for everyone..."

Yup, great song. And definitely calming/soothing. Good call.

It's a great album actually, got everything on it, and a number of claming soothing songs.

Zoots listen to this one :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwRGq6pYTE

Ivy - Edge of the ocean

very calming :heart:

this song will make you feel like you're here :wink:
honeymoon-resort-maldives.jpg

most explosions in the sky
there's some aphex twin too
but really, give me angry hardcore any time for "calming" music over chill stuff. not much is more soothing than blood for blood.

Back
Top Bottom