Call me Crazy. Subnet's band list beyond U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subnet

New Yorker
Ok guys so I was thinking of putting together a list of bands I've been listening to lately. I don't really categorize music so I'm open to quite a bit out there. Here's just a taste:

PAPA
The Colourist
Cold War Kids
St Lucia
The National
San Cisco
Family of the Year
Dan Croll
The Neighbourhood
Magic Man
Sea Wolf
Blondfire
Two Door Cinema Club

Magic Man

tumblr_m7qtg10DwH1qdeg6po1_500.gif

It's funny how U2 have slowly made their way back to the top of my list since I got a fast internet connection (more recently than you would believe). I just mentally ignore pretty much everything post-2000, and it's sweet.

Ok, so aside from that:

The National
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Orbital
Sleater-Kinney
Massive Attack
(some) early Van Morrison

Very few artists that I care enough about to pursue even one whole album. I mean, I have 'listened to', and enjoyed, both David Bowie and Patti Smith in the last year too, but we're talking about exactly two records and they don't get played that often... so I'd feel a bit of a hack claiming to be a fan.

Everyone on this site just pretends to like U2. Oh wait, that was the arcade fire. Disregard.

This Summer

The National (I can't stop listening to new album)
Dead Can Dance
LCD Soundsystem
Love and Rockets
Spiritualized
Slowdive
New MBV
Cocteau Twins (they are always on)
Mazzy Star
Journey - Escape (we all have our weakness damn it - man, Steve Perry could sing in the day)

The new album is going to be great. :hyper:

I didn't know they had a new album coming out - thank you!

I saw them open up for the Cocteau Twins at the Wiltern in LA way back in 1990. Sure my mind may have been under some "strange" influences - but they were mesmerizing live.

Back
Top Bottom