Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not. Although it does get pretty chill near the end (specifically Sentimental X's through Romance To The Grave, which is probably the best run on the album), it has a little of everything. I like the self-titled well enough, but the mood never shifts. It all blurred together for me a bit. It made me empathize with GAF.

New Posts keeps telling me that Lemonmelon made a post in this thread at 1:46 AM (CST) and yet, there is no such phantom post.

This is far more like You Forgot It In People than than the self-titled. Really tuneful, eclectic stuff. As of Ungrateful Little Father, Texico Bitches is the highlight.

I'll back you on the similarities to You Forgot It in People. "Texico Bitches" is your favorite though, really? Prematurely, after one listen, I'll say "Forced to Love" is my top choice (which most have probably heard by now), with "Ungrateful Little Father" coming in a close second due to its pretty sick little beat and generally off-kilter feel.

besides World Sick, my favorite tracks are Chase Scene, Forced To Love, Ungrateful Little Father, and Sentimental X's.

I'll back you on the similarities to You Forgot It in People. "Texico Bitches" is your favorite though, really? Prematurely, after one listen, I'll say "Forced to Love" is my top choice (which most have probably heard by now), with "Ungrateful Little Father" coming in a close second due to its pretty sick little beat and generally off-kilter feel.

It's power fucking pop, Cassie. And good times.

But no, I esteem Sentimental X's and Water In Hell (which I conspicuously failed to mention last night) just as highly, perhaps even more so. The more I think about it, the more well-rounded and awesome this album is.

It's power fucking pop, Cassie. And good times.

But no, I esteem Sentimental X's and Water In Hell (which I conspicuously failed to mention last night) just as highly, perhaps even more so. The more I think about it, the more well-rounded and awesome this album is.

:lol: Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more it fit with your musical sensibilities.

"Sentimental X's" is pretty fantastic as well, and like you said, the entire album's incredible, precisely because there's a bit of everything on it, and each of those bits is done extremely well. Can't wait to get this thing on vinyl to blast the neighbors out of their houses with it, that's for sure.

BSS have always been hit or miss for me, but I'm really digging this new album.

to an extent, i agree. i really like BSS, but i rarely can get through an entire album in one listen. this new one seems different though. i've listened all the way through twice with no problem.

You kids have no patience.

or ethics

No patience? Yes. No ethics? That's debatable.

to an extent, i agree. i really like BSS, but i rarely can get through an entire album in one listen. this new one seems different though. i've listened all the way through twice with no problem.

Interesting. I could listen to the S/T over and over again and never get bored with it. Then again, BSS have never been hit or miss for me.

Interesting. I could listen to the S/T over and over again and never get bored with it. Then again, BSS have never been hit or miss for me.

actually, this album has inspired me to really give a good listen to BSS's past catalog. sometimes all you need is a spark. i used to dislike The National, and now they're my favorite band, so we'll see. :up:

So this thing's still two and a half weeks away, huh? That leak's looking mighty enticing...

It's 320, also. Sounds miiighty fine.

I should probably stop torturing you. Otherwise, there's going to be some crazy karmic shit/Utahn justice coming my way as I wait for the official release of High Violet.

So even though the Kevin Drew shoot fell through, I was on one today with Brendan Canning. Thought that was kinda cool. He was a really nice guy. If only I was a bigger BSS fan

i absolutely love Chase Scene! Sentimental X's too. and of course, World Sick is the best song i've heard in a long time.

Mmm, yes. World Sick is easily my favorite. Sweetest Kill, All to All and Water in Hell probably come up next for me.

Streaming here for those of us who haven't listened yet. I'm going to get into it later today.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: this is my Bitte Orca of 2010. For those of you who know how much I gushed over Bitte Orca last year, you'll know that this is a compliment to BSS of the highest regard.

Plus, the thing's fucking awesome to dance to, especially "All to All."

I said it before, and I'll say it again: this is my Bitte Orca of 2010. For those of you who know how much I gushed over Bitte Orca last year, you'll know that this is a compliment to BSS of the highest regard.

Plus, the thing's fucking awesome to dance to, especially "All to All."

:up:

"All To All" is one of my favorites for sure.

Alright, "All to All." Let's just get this out of the way and bang already.

Back
Top Bottom