Brandon Flowers solo album, "Flamingo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah saw this tweeted today.. Not so sure of this myself.. has me worried actually. I love the Killers.. Heard or saw something a while back that they are taking a break for a bit. Rumors were swirling around that there was some kind of rift going on..

he actually has a website: Brandon Flowers Music

Oh, for fuck's sake. :lol: Trainwreck of 2010. Likely entertaining trainwreck though.

Also, come on, guys. Do you really expect the Killers to release a new album every two years and tour constantly into old age? God forbid they take the time to dream it all up again. That's never worked.

Oh, for fuck's sake. :lol: Trainwreck of 2010. Likely entertaining trainwreck though.

Also, come on, guys. Do you really expect the Killers to release a new album every two years and tour constantly into old age? God forbid they take the time to dream it all up again. That's never worked.

t(-_-t). Seriously, I can see no reason why this won't at the very least be entertaining.

Agreed, except replace The Killers with The Killers & Bloc Party. These two bands have been working CONSTANTLY. All of a sudden they take a damn break and the fan base runs around like the proverbial headless chicken.

Agreed, except replace The Killers with The Killers & Bloc Party. These two bands have been working CONSTANTLY. All of a sudden they take a damn break and the fan base runs around like the proverbial headless chicken.

Hehee. They have definitely been working hard, and the results have been great. I wonder if the solo album takes the place of the rumored covers album? Which was supposed to contain a studio version of this awesome little track:

YouTube - The Killers - Girls just wanna have fun - Little Noise Sessions Union chapel

i had the chance to see The Killers perform live at a festival earlier in the year. they opened with Somebody Told Me, then started playing a bunch of crap songs that included Human, so i buggered off to Armand Van Helden instead. :drool:

sorry, carry on :shifty:

Haha, I went for the first half of Armand van Helden, enjoyed it, and then dashed off to see the last half of the Killers set,who I adore, and was lucky to have them play all my favourite songs... Brightside, Read My Mind, Spaceman, This Is Your Life, When You Were Young

I might've passed you as we were heading our separate ways.

Flowers is a brill frontman, hope this solo offering is as good as Killers' stuff...

that's what i wish i'd done... i knew they were going to play the Killers songs i like at the end. Van Helden was going off true?

did you see a bloke with his left arm in a sling? we'll bump into each other eventually :lol:

that's what i wish i'd done... i knew they were going to play the Killers songs i like at the end. Van Helden was going off true?

did you see a bloke with his left arm in a sling? we'll bump into each other eventually :lol:

Too many hot women around that day for me to notice a bloke with his arm in a a sling.... and I'd been drinking crap Tiger beer and G and T's all arvo...

Armand was insane, got a really good possy, but really wanted to check out some Killers....

Too many hot women around that day for me to notice a bloke with his arm in a a sling.... and I'd been drinking crap Tiger beer and G and T's all arvo...

Armand was insane, got a really good possy, but really wanted to check out some Killers....

ohhhh man... tell me about it. wish i'd actually been with one though, and not just stared. :lol: Tiger beer was horse piss. so were the "Jagerbombs".

i was in Roots for most of the day. Kid Cudi, Naughty by Nature, Gym Class Heroes, BUSTA RHYMES, what a line up it was...

You were expecting a Brandon Flowers thread solo album to be about music? He plays keyboards and that's about it. The one time the band let him play bass on For Reasons Unknown was the highlight of his life and he refused to let go of it.

So, I've listened to it about 5 times now, and it's not like it's the greatest song ever written or anything, but I'm quite pleased with it. Has me a lot more excited for Flamingo than I ever thought I would be. My only real problem with it is that it kind of fades off into nothing, like it's a little long and wanders a lot at the end.

song is solid, without being totally amazing. Love the 2nd half of the chorus.

It sounds like it belongs on Day & Age, but it is stronger than about half that album

Oh Brandon, you Bono wannabe... right down to the Zooropa-esque falsetto, and with a Joshua tree at the side of the screen, even :wink:

I swear to God there should be a DNA test done involving Bono and Brandon Flowers. There are times when he seriously looks like he could be Bono's son. It's kinda spooky.

I like the Killers, too-only heard their singles, but I like them. "All These Things That I've Done" is still a personal favorite of mine. Interesting news regarding the solo album-that new song's all right. Doesn't sound all that different from what the Killers have done, which, if you're going to do a solo album, I'd imagine you'd want to deviate from that a bit, but eh, well. Really sounding like some '80s artist at times throughout, but I can't think of who.

Like that Cyndi Lauper cover, too, that was cute. The band looks like they're getting on all right there, so who knows what the reason for the hiatus is. Sometimes bands just need a break. It's like any other job, some days you just want to get away from your co-workers a bit (or forever, if you really hate them :p). Will keep an ear out for the rest of the album, see what else he has to offer as a solo artist.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about his mom :(. That's a shame.

Angela

The reason for the hiatus is simply that they pretty much toured or were putting out music for about 5 years straight. They really deserve a break.

Back
Top Bottom