bosstones appreeeesh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
so a friend of mine informs me that the mighty mighty bosstones had one hit in the late 90s with "the impression that i get" (which, if he's right, then you all vaguely know it as "knock on wood" ), and aside from that, no one outside of massachusetts gives a rat's ass about the band.

i really couldn't care less if that's the truth. being one of those whackjobs from massachusetts myself, i still freaking love the band.

appreciate with me. come on.

i was going to make this a "hope i never lose my wallet" appreciation thread, but i figured that would go over less well.

haters, keep listening to fleet foxes or whatever is cool now.

Yeah, that's more or less the only song I know off the top of my head. I remember greatly liking their performance of it on SNL back in the '90's though, didn't they have some guy in the band who would just stand on stage and dance the entire time?

that's the second time one of you clowns has come into my thread and said something to that affect. it's going to get old very soon.

yeah, they've got the guy, the bosstone, ben carr, whose sole job it is to dance like a motherfucker. how is that not an awesome job? dude must have had a cardiovascular system of steel back when they were touring regularly.

the hometown throwdown (several shows over several nights in boston. there's a couple out of town as well--rhode island and connecticut) started last night. kickass show.

that's the second time one of you clowns has come into my thread and said something to that affect. it's going to get old very soon.

yeah, they've got the guy, the bosstone, ben carr, whose sole job it is to dance like a motherfucker. how is that not an awesome job? dude must have had a cardiovascular system of steel back when they were touring regularly.

the hometown throwdown (several shows over several nights in boston. there's a couple out of town as well--rhode island and connecticut) started last night. kickass show.

You let me know the exact moment having a dissenting opinion to yours gets old, ok? Thanks.

You let me know the exact moment having a dissenting opinion to yours gets old, ok? Thanks.

if there was substance to your post, we wouldn't have this conversation. "i'll pass," "i'd rather not,"--that's not a discussion. that's just some bored indie snob dangling bait in front of me to try and start a fight. it's weak. but i guess there's a reason you've built up your post count the way you have.

if there was substance to your post, we wouldn't have this conversation. "i'll pass," "i'd rather not,"--that's not a discussion. that's just some bored indie snob dangling bait in front of me to try and start a fight. it's weak.

Um. Are sure that I'm an indie snob? Really? Me????

Wow. You don't have a clue about what you're talking about, do you?

I have so many embarrassing songs in my Ipod that it'll make your head spin (Air Supply, Survivor and New Edition are in there for fuck's sake!). Let's not cast aspersions when you do not even know me, ok?

I just hate the band, and a thread about it telling me to apreesh (who talks like that?) it is an invitation to disagree. If you think that I can possibly get drawn into a discussion about why this band is a joke to me, you're mistaken. I dislike their music, I always disliked their schtick, it's as simple as that. If you like them, that's awesome and I'll not question it for a second, but just because I do not should not become a means for you to take a wild swing, and miss, about how my tastes run.

I always got them mixed up with Barenaked Ladies, Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth....only know that one song.

Not a big fan (not a ska fan in general), but I always liked that song "Where'd You Go" - I think it's on the Clueless soundtrack.

I was a ska fan in the early 90's.:hyper: The shows were just fun and no one including the bands or so it seemed, were taking any of it too seriously. That's what was so great about it.

I wore my plaid converse to a number of Bosstones shows. I think one of the shows I went to was actually in a barn somewhere in Santa Barbara. Someday I Suppose was probably my favorite song.

Gosh I've not heard any mention of the bosstones in a very long time. I have a pair of the plaid converse too! I've got their cd around here somewhere. I loved that Impression that I get song! Good memories when I hear that song. :up:

I got caught up in the Bosstones for a little bit in the mid to late 90's...there was actually a huge ska following here in Utah in the 90's...I still have the album Lets Face It on my iTunes.

I still listen to that album from time to time...never heard much of their earlier stuff

so if i were to project some kind of statistical analysis based on the 12 or so of you that have posted, my buddy is right.

i think "someday i suppose" was on the clueless soundtrack, not "where did you go." :hmm:

yes... you would be right.

the only time i hear the mighty mighty bosstones these days is when i listen to the mp3eddie vedder and mike mccready's "yellow ledbedder" from the tibetan freedom concert, which has the voice of their lead singer going "we aaaaare the mighty mighty bosstones" at the end of the track, apparently because in the late 90's people were very poor at editing tracks.

i'm bumping this old-ass thread because pandora brought up "the impression that i get." and while i usually skip it when i get on a bosstones kick out of the sheer number of times i've heard it (and because i'm an elitist jerk who always counts lesser-known songs as better than the ones everyone's heard), i'm usually pleasantly surprised at how much i love the horn riff when it starts playing.

now i guess i'm gonna have to find me and mofo's old bouncing souls thread because i'm revisiting the awesomeness that is "kids and heroes." i've heard that song a lot more recently than the bosstones' tune, and i'm sure more than a couple drivers on the highway laughed at me singing along to something in my car (which was that song, because it's great like that). friggin love that song, though.

I love Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew and they love the Bosstones so I kinda love the Bosstones too.

GET IT ON. Gotta get it on.

Back
Top Bottom