Bon Jovi - Work For The Working Man (New Song)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honest question, and I'm not trying to be a dick (even when I do not try I am one anyway, it seems) :)

Do you really think that It's My Life, a song you like, is better than what Nickelback does?

I don't care for the Nickelback singer dude's voice, so that's probably why I dislike them so much. If they had a different singer, I might be able to list some of their songs on my guilty pleasure list.

Plus, of the Nickelback songs I've heard, they're not catchy or memorable to me, which equals No Fun.

But yeah, I can see why The Bon Jovi would get lumped into that same "mediocre-to-downright-shitty nondescript rawk music" category.

:)

I don't care for the Nickelback singer dude's voice, so that's probably why I dislike them so much. If they had a different singer, I might be able to list some of their songs on my guilty pleasure list.

Plus, of the Nickelback songs I've heard, they're not catchy or memorable to me, which equals No Fun.

But yeah, I can see why The Bon Jovi would get lumped into that same "mediocre-to-downright-shitty nondescript rawk music" category.

:)

While I agree that some of their earlier songs are good - and a lot of fun - there has been, in my opinion, no evolution or maturity in their sound. Just like Nickelback, Bon Jovi has a winning formula and they stick to it, for better or worse. It's My Life is, in my opinion, basically Livin' on a Prayer redux.

Oh yeah, I'd never argue that it's something new and innovative. It's a rock song with a catchy chorus, and sometimes that's enough for me.

I might complain about some band recycling an older hit in another circumstance, but if I like the song, I don't particularly care. Who knows why we like some songs more than others?

I don't lie awake at night thinking about it too much. I just know what I like. :)

I don't get NSW's avatar. :(

It's from a horrid film called The International. About banks killing people or something. So, that avatar is a photo of an ATM screen, and instead of "withdrawal", "deposit", etc, it has "murder" as one of the ATM options.

It makes me laugh, MAYA.

Corruption and Extortion are also viable methods of these evil banks.

How sad is it that the Foo Fighters are okay with getting punched out, but Bon Jovi was probably like "People already think I'm a bitch, so if you punch me I have to pop back up with a guitar, even though I'm not even the guitarist in my band. It will allow me to retain my manhood."

Now I hate him even more.

It's from a horrid film called The International. About banks killing people or something. So, that avatar is a photo of an ATM screen, and instead of "withdrawal", "deposit", etc, it has "murder" as one of the ATM options..

That film was awesome. The Guggenheim shootout > your entire life.

:lol: oh now i see that. that's hysterical. have you actually seen the whole film?

Fuck no and Lazarus of all people is the first person to say anything positive about it.

Though, Laz, I thought the same fucking thing when that fuck popped back up with his guitar. His management company probably had to lay down some rules prior to his agreeing to appear in that.

I'm this close to telling my Jon Bon Jovi/U2 story for the millionth time.

I don't think I've actually heard it...

Well then.

Ahem.

During the Elevation Tour, I saw U2 at every SoCal show they played, of course. I had seats ranging from suck to awesome.

One show at the Staples Center found me and my friend Craig seated in the bottom level of seats, but towards the back....however, we were facing the soundboard....and in front of the soundboard was the celebrity pit. This was LA, so the pit had a funny mix of A, B and C level celebrities. That night, Eddie Vedder was there, Cameron Crowe, Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Billy Zane, all the brothers from the band Hanson, Pat O'Brien (he did not have his phone with him) and some others I do not recall. Also, Jon Bon Jovi was there, standing towards the back of the pit, with someone I did not recognize. So, the show starts, and I am really intrigued to watch these celebrities watch the show. Cruise is into it, Vedder is into it, Crowe is really into it, Hanson are losing their shit, going fucking berserk, etc.....Bon Jovi? Not moving a muscle. Like, literally, no head bob, no clapping, nothing. You know me by now, I don't really care who likes the band and who does not, but, why the fuck are you there and why do you look so very disinterested? I wanted to leap the railing and give him a flying kick. I disliked him before this went down, so this just served to confirm how I feel about him.

So, yeah, the story really does not mean much of anything but I like typing it out every year or so cos it inevitable annoys someone.

That's gotta be it.

jon_bon_jovi.jpg

:hyper: :combust:

I can't believe I missed this whole thread some how. Can we still talk about how fucking horrid Bon Jovi is?

Back
Top Bottom