Bon Iver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's right, I'm bumping an old thread just to say that Re: Stacks may be one of my all time favourite songs as of now.

:up: It's one of the best closing songs I've heard in a very long time. Really the sequencing of that entire album is amazing. Re: Stacks is the payoff for me though. :drool:

A friend (an indie music critic) just sent me 4 CDs of his Best of 2008 (yeah, kind of late but still :drool: ) and Re:Stacks was his Bon Iver choice as well. I kind of burned out fast on the Bon Iver but I still think he's great.

Several stops in FL
groove.gif

BON IVER

I just bought a ticket to see the Bon for $2 plus a $1 service charge in a tiny little town I visit often down in West Texas. Ha.

That'd be a lark, but I have two exams on the first. And I'll be seeing THE BON! two days later anyway.

Still, $2. Amazing.

The best part is that the order confirmation says: "There is a $2.00 Liquor License Fee included in the base price of each ticket." Which means the show is actually free. And there is no liquor sold at this "venue" (which is really an empty building with some old auditorium chairs nailed to the floor next to some railroad tracks, and the numerous times a train goes by during the show the building will shake and THE BON will have to pause until it's over because he'll be completely drowned out). I :heart: Marfa. People like The Bon, Jeff Tweedy, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, etc., just go there because it's a quick detour on their tour route and it's a cool place to play to 50-75 people.

Has anyone heard this yet? If so, what's it like?

61huqosYVrL._SS500_.jpg

Is it sad the #1 thing drawing me to it is the album cover? I guess Vernon being involved is a plus too.

It's excellent. I've been championing it for a bit now in Random. 1B1L has mentioned it too.

The "random" IE fake shuttlecock IE chat IE get a chat room IE whats the deal with these cornnuts thread ruined my life yet again!

Lately I've been using it less for taunting. It's mostly used to highlight and make fun of an idiotic post (which yours was not), or for me to slyly post nudie pictures in Hottest Chica.

Can't overuse the elephant.

I have been lately. The thing moves so fast that I rarely read more than what is on the specific page I'm looking at though.

Am I the only one who loves the album cover?

I have been lately. The thing moves so fast that I rarely read more than what is on the specific page I'm looking at though.

Am I the only one who loves the album cover?

Yeah, I guess you do have to keep a good eye on it to keep up.

I believe both Imperor and I said we loved it, and I know I can't wait to pick it up on vinyl because I think it's going to be exponentially more gorgeous that large. It's a striking cover, without a doubt. And, is pretty reminiscent of the For Emma, Forever Ago cover, actually. Minus the cloaked person, of course.

Something about it reminds me of another one of my favorite album covers:

3449049296_d55a7ef23b.jpg

Probably the trees and random mystery character. Good stuff.

EDIT: I guess how the band and album name / font are presented are pretty similar between the two as well.

I like Midlake. And that Volcano Choir cover has me intrigued as well.

Glad I ventured into this thread, even though I've never heard any Bon Iver either.

Back
Top Bottom