Bon Iver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sense a Fleet Foxes-esque 180....

:wink:

I don't think that's going to happen because I probably won't revisit the album. Since I didn't buy it, I listened to it once and then deleted it. Now I know I don't need it. Whereas with Fleet Foxes the vocals make the album for me, with Bon Iver they kinda kill it for me.

Amazon is having a big year-end sale and has the download on sale for $5. I should pick it up. He's one of those artists I've heard a lot about this year but haven't gotten around to checking out.

As I said over in LM's top 10 thread, this song is my new favorite this week.

I am happy by your and Tourista's change of hearts.

Amazon is having a big year-end sale and has the download on sale for $5. I should pick it up. He's one of those artists I've heard a lot about this year but haven't gotten around to checking out.

Pretty sweet deal, though I'm worried you'll end up wanting it on CD after hearing it though. :wink:

Okay so I really didn't care for this album after the first couple listens, but all of the sudden it has clicked with me and I am now really enjoying it:up:

Ooh la la, new Bon Iver EP!

147439.boniver_3.jpg

Bon Iver Announces New EP, Adds Dates | Pitchfork

The Blood Bank EP oozes into stores in the UK/Ireland January 19 and the U.S. January 20, all thanks to Jagjaguwar. The four song set will be available on either CD or download-coupon-boosted 12", with the vinyl getting a little pre-release action at the merch tables at Bon Iver's forthcoming December dates.

Blood Bank:

01 Blood Bank
02 Beach Baby
03 Babys
04 Woods

In addition to Vernon & co.'s previously reported run next month, they'll tape an appearance for the David Letterman television program December 11 to be aired on or around that date, and make their way to Australia to ring in 2009.

banana.gif

All the info was in the thread, GE. Dum bum.

Damnit, Myspace is blocked at work.

Oh well, maybe I'll just wait to hear it on CD anyway. How is it?

I listened to it once last night. I liked it. It sounds a lot like For Emma except "Woods," which I predict people will either love or hate. For me, just from one listen, it is the standout song, the song I want to hear again tonight.

Woods is alright but not sure if it's my cup of tea...

Yeah, I decided why wait until tonight - I'm listening to it again now. It sounded more interesting last night while I was brushing my teeth. I like it, though, but I can tell it will probably get tiresome.

eta: Yeah, title song is the best.

I'm neither here nor there about Blood Bank. Not awful, not essential. The first three tracks are all weaker than anything on For Emma, and I have no idea what to make of Woods.

EPs can be very deceiving though. Looking forward to the next full album of his.

Blood Bank and Babys were all right, but I probably could have done without hearing that EP :(.

Finally listened to it, I absolutely love the title track. It's possibly my second favorite Bon Iver song after Skinny Love at this point. Hopefully that lasts. Babys and Woods were also pretty interesting and different for him, I liked them. The second track was a little forgettable though. I'll definitely be buying it, worth it for the title track alone. I think some of you may have had some unrealistic expectations as to what a 4 track EP was going to be. That or I like pretty much any music, which is something I do worry about sometimes. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom