Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fitzy, he's been quoted as saying fans shouldn't expect it to sound like Bloc material... we'll see.

Some people just want their name as thread starter on a thread they know will be successful. :shame:

"Biko" might be my favorite song on that album :uhoh:.

Maybe it's because it was my introduction to the band, but I really do dig Intimacy. Nowhere near as much as Silent Alarm though, and Napster still doesn't have Weekend in the City :(.

Finally heard Weekend in the City the other day. Loved it. Love all of their music lol. If I had to rank it'd be Silent Alarm, Intimacy, Weekend in the City, but God, they're pretty much all equal.

Can't wait to hear Kele's album!

Lookin' forward to this, boring album title though...

Weekend In The City :drool:

Kreuzberg - I Still Remember - Sunday :up::up::up:

I'm excited for Kele's album. I'm not expecting it to be as good as the BP albums but I hope I'm surprised.

The first single, 'Tenderoni', off Kele's solo album debuted on Zane Lowe yesterday.

It's up on YouTube, but my laptop is broken, so I have to do everything from my cell phone and I can't paste the link on here . . . . SO GO LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELVES . . . (and then get back here and let us know what ya thunk :wink: )

My two cents: it sounds like some of the remixes off ''Intimacy Remixed''. Catchy riff. Fun. Very upbeat. Not ground breaking or Earth shattering.

i heard Tenderoni the other day. wasn't very enamoured with it... it's a good club song (though i can't help but feel that beat has used and abused a million times before) but that's probably all. i'll still download the album though, pending purchase.

I didn't want to start a new thread for Kele's album, so I'll just post here.

I picked up the album last night, and so far I'm really liking these 3 tunes:

Rise

Walk Tall

Hmm, the version on YouTube of 'On The Lam' is a bit different than the one on the album, especially the vocals. Well, anyway, I like that one a lot too.

I quite liked it...once it turned into the new Bloc Party album. Not that I didn't like the first three tracks, but...I really like Kele's voice, and I couldn't even hear it on the first few. A few more listens and I think I'll be quite fond of this'n.

Since I don't particularly like Bloc Party, this album sounds good to me. Not a lot of Kele on those first three tracks, but they're not my favorites either; it's hard to really fall in love with obvious (house) genre exercises like those. The rest files down Kele's more abrasive (re: obnoxious) edges but doesn't do the same to his heart or songwriting skill. It's really decent, but Silent Alarm fans will probably consider him a synth ho. I don't care, so I'll probably listen to it more often than the albums it's trying to distance itself from.

Well I like it. It isn't as good as the Bloc Party albums but I didn't expect it to be. My favourites are also Walk Tall and Rise.

So Bloc Party posted on facebook:
Wow. This is insane. Ok, we'll do something soon. Not sorry we took so long off, we were knackered, innit

And then:
To reiterate, Kele's still in the band (how could he not, he started the damn thing), but Tong's out, replaced by Dave Abbruzzese.

That's a shame. I'm glad they're still going though.

EDIT: Apparently that last bit was just a joke. :doh:

I follow them all on Twitter. Russell posts the most stuff. In the past month, he's posted pics or slightly obscured pics of each of them in the studio. I also follow their manager and he made an ambiguous tweet about: "The new songs sound fucking amazing!", however, it was not definitive if he was talking specifically about Bloc Party. Even so . . .

. . . this has been me the past month: :happydance:

I didn't listen to it, but here's what someone just posted on the Bloc Party Wikipedia page:

On the 3rd of January, 2012 Kele Okereke mentioned to Zane Lowe that they have fully recorded two songs and have a further 17 demoed, he went on to mention a new album will appear in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom