Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FitzChivalry said:
Question (if anyone knows): Does Kele sing "Blue Light", or is it Gordon?

It doesn't sound like Kele to me, but I wasn't sure if Gordon ever sang lead vocals.

:scratch:

it sounds like Kele to me... :shrug: I'm pretty sure Kele does all lead.

intedomine said:

Do they play it live?

Yeah, they play it live. Prolly not every show but...I'm pretty sure they've played every AWITC song live, and it probably gets played a lot more than On and Where is Home.

The more I listen to it, the more I realize "Uniform" is the best off of AWITC, but the whole thing is epic. Too bad people were dumb and wrote it off because it was different (read: an improvement on) Silent Alarm.

I assume you will be right up front

Hey A-B.......

I purchased tickets for the show! :up:

I'm not a big fan of that room in the Murat (saw Sufjan Stevens there last year), but looking forward to the show!

powerhour24 said:
The more I listen to it, the more I realize "Uniform" is the best off of AWITC, but the whole thing is epic. Too bad people were dumb and wrote it off because it was different (read: an improvement on) Silent Alarm.

song for clay is the best IMO

followed by kreuzberg......I still remember..and...Srxt..:heart:

still one of the best records released this year:up:

Sunday seems to be a little underappreciated, and I suppose it is one of the less spectacular tracks on the album, but it's a great lyrical sentiment.

The morning after a night on the piss, watching the Under 15's playing football in the park in St Leonards. What a splendid image and what an easy-to-relate-to circumstance.

Re: I assume you will be right up front

powerhour24 said:

:up:

I adore Uniform. It's probably my favourite off the album as well. I love it live...when it gets all heavy at the end I rock the fuck out :rockon:

zonelistener said:
Hey A-B.......

I purchased tickets for the show! :up:

I'm not a big fan of that room in the Murat (saw Sufjan Stevens there last year), but looking forward to the show!

I dunno if I've ever been in the Egyptian room, though I've seen numerous shows at the Murat.

Whatcha got? GA? I'm gonna try to be at the venue an hour or two early to get right up front :up:

I was about fourth row when I saw them :hyper: I love to be at the front... When I'm at the back I only can see the concert on the big screans and it's not as good...
I was never in the first row, that must be awsome, but I was on the second one at a Franz Ferdinand show. And wow!

Between, I con't stop listening to Song for Clay... I'm addicted...

Re: Re: I assume you will be right up front

AtomicBono said:
I dunno if I've ever been in the Egyptian room, though I've seen numerous shows at the Murat.

Whatcha got? GA? I'm gonna try to be at the venue an hour or two early to get right up front :up:

IT's all GA. It is set up like a "show" at a H.S. cafeteria....they move out all of the tables and set up chairs (at least they did for Sufjan). Not an ideal set-up for a show. I am hoping they do not have the chairs knowing that Bloc Party is WAY more of a "get your ass out of your chair and dance" band compared to Sufjan.

I will hopefully not strangle any concert goers...the Indy crowds talk entirely too much at shows.

Re: Re: Re: I assume you will be right up front

zoney! said:

IT's all GA. It is set up like a "show" at a H.S. cafeteria....they move out all of the tables and set up chairs (at least they did for Sufjan). Not an ideal set-up for a show. I am hoping they do not have the chairs knowing that Bloc Party is WAY more of a "get your ass out of your chair and dance" band compared to Sufjan.

I will hopefully not strangle any concert goers...the Indy crowds talk entirely too much at shows.

they sure do...wilco :mad:

welllll I'll try to get there as early as possible then...I'm missing a college class for this :uhoh:

Bloc Party will be doing some DJ sets in some of our favorite record stores across the country on this upcoming tour. Keep checking back for more info, but here are the first two:

September 11, 2007 @ 6pm
Atomic Records
1813 E. Locust Street
Milwukee, WI

September 12, 2007 @ 6pm
Luna Music Midtown
52nd and College
Indianapolis, IN

These aren't anywhere NEAR me, but they might be somewhere near some other Blocheads.

Enjoy! :wink:

Whoa cool! I gotta think of the best way to go about this though, as I'd like to be in front for GA... also what does this mean exactly? i mean will they be actually there in the record store or just picking the set? because the former would definitely make me go :D

why does wednesday have to be my busy day though >_<

Should I go see them again . . . for a 3rd time this year???

They're playing this Detour Festival on the streets of Los Angeles. It just one day, all day long. They're the headliners.

The thing is, I'm not too keen on any of the other artists playing:

Bloc Party
Justice
Satellite Party
Kinky
Comedians of Comedy
Turbonegro
Teddybears
Moving Units
The Raveonettes
Shout Out Louds
Autolux
Celebrity Skin
The Aliens
Aggrolites
Busy P
DJ Mehdi
Sebastian
Kavinsky
So Me
Noisettes
Cool Kids
The Deadly Syndrome
Scissors for Lefty
Johnossi
Augie March
Nico Vega
Franki Chan
Travis Keller
Bruce Perdew

And I've already seen them twice this year.

And the second time I saw them was one of the Top 5 concerts of my entire life.

And I don't know how long they will play in such a festival.

And it probably won't live up to the glory of the second show.

But there was a tee-shirt I really wanted that I never got to buy.

And it is Bloc Party.

I'm so confused.
:confused:

no way its all about This Modern Love and Pioneers

Plans is very good though

i love BP :drool: seein them on wednesday!! unfortunatley i dont think i can make it to see them DJ...oh well

and yes Fitz you should go for sure. Shout Out Louds are good as well :up:

AtomicBono said:
no way its all about This Modern Love and Pioneers

Plans is very good though

i love BP :drool: seein them on wednesday!! unfortunatley i dont think i can make it to see them DJ...oh well

and yes Fitz you should go for sure. Shout Out Louds are good as well :up:

modern love is very good

but plans blows it out of the water :drool:

"Stop being so laissez-faire
We're all scared of the future"

:drool: :drool:

newww ablum nooz frum Blog Party:

Paste: What did you do during your short break before your Chicago date tomorrow?

MT: A bit of recording. We're having a go at a new track, which we're sort of writing as I speak. I can't offer anything other than that - it's a secret. Also, we're still writing it.

Paste: Got any tricks up your sleeve for your new material?

MT: Tricks? I hope so. I think our new stuff is going to be a lot less textured than the last record. I think the third studio incarnation of Bloc is going to be a bit like the rawer earlier Bloc, but with experience.

and

Speaking to NME.com yesterday at the Reading Festival, Gordy has confirmed that Bloc Party are already working on new material for the third album! They spent the past week rehearsing a dozen new tracks in London and will head into the studio tomorrow to do some preliminary recording with Jacknife Lee, producer of 'A Weekend In The City'. There's talk of a brand new single this year, but this will depend on how much progress they make next week. Either way, the band are definitely eager to keep their creative output ticking over.

:rockon:

I really wish I could go see them at Luna buuuuuut I'm not gonna be able to leave Bloomington til after 5. college and all :angry:

so looking forward to the show though :drool:

Talk of a third album makes me extremely happy, I was trying not to let myself anticipate because I didn't think we'd see it for years...we probably still won't but this is good news.

Back
Top Bottom