Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Deputy sent me footage of Bloc Party doing "Heroes" at SXSW and it sounded great.

Just saw this and, yes, it was really good.

I will say this for them: even though I like their new music less and less with each subsequent output, I think Kele's voice keeps getting better and better with each tour. When I started going to see them live back in '05/'06, his live vocals were pretty hit and miss. Now his voice sounds gorgeous and strong every time. I really noticed the strength and consistency in his voice on the "Four" tour. I was like, "Wow. His voice has become really good." And I think it is probably even better now.

EDIT: I lie -- their version of 'Heroes' I watched was from Paris, not SXSW.

Saw them for the second time tonight and still don't have the slightest fucking clue how they make that guitar/synth/wtf effect in The Love Within. It's so strange.

Five tracks from Silent Alarm + a nice bonus in Two More Years. Hunting for Witches, Song for Clay and especially Flux sounded really good.

Third time I've seen them, and this show easily had my least favorite setlist and sound. I was shocked. Hollywood Bowl, while not being my favorite venue, thus far has blown me away sound quality wise. The whole show sounded muffled. I now wonder if I am losing my hearing, or if there was actually an issue.

Kele was having fun, though, and that was awesome. I have come to the realization that I can't handle This Modern Love live, though. Bumping it up into my five favorite songs, now that I'm betting 1.000 on crying when hearing it live, even for the 3rd time.

I thought the performance itself slayed, but yeah everyone sounded crappy. That aspect was certainly disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom