Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. Still like Octopus, and I'm a big fan of So He Begins to Lie, Real Talk, Kettling has a pretty sweet solo, Day Four and The Truth.

Hating anything close to metal puts me off a few of the tracks though.

Thanks for the link to the stream, cobbs.

Had my first listen earlier and I really like it. I agree with a few of your standout tracks, too. "So He Begins To Lie" is a great opener. And I also really dig "Real Talk", "Day Four", and "The Truth." I'll also add that I thought "We're Not Good People" was a memorable closer. Excited to spend more time with this.

The beginning of We're Not Good People reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age and that's definitely not a bad thing.

Those three songs are better, indeed, but that doesn't make We're Not Good People a bad song.

That list made me realize how awesome Bloc Party's closers are.

Truth and Day Four are so damn good.

I might be in the minority that has a real soft spot for their slower numbers.

I don't think you're in the minority on that one. Who doesn't love Blue Light, This Modern Love, Signs, SRXT...?

I saw an EP for Octopus came out today. Has a b-side and 2 remixes of Octopus (plus the original version, of course).

I downloaded the leak a week ago and have been listening constantly. At first I was thrown off by the harder tracks, but even at first I thought they were good, just not a sound I was used to from Bloc, and now I really like them.

'Kettling' reminds me so much of "Siamese Dream"-era Smashing Pumpkins.

And I think they should make a music video for 'V.A.L.I.S.' where they are in a lab, all in white coats, mixing stuff, looking into microscopes and getting into general hijinks!

Just came here to post that. 4.9. Don't read the review. It contains this line "Four conveys the experience of watching an athlete reliant on explosive physicality realize that his body is betraying him."

I didn't expect a positive review from Pitchfork anyway.

Seeing them live tomorrow.We so excited.

Oh man 'Day Four' is really good and I'm liking 5 of 6 of these tracks better than anything off of 'Intimacy'. This may become my second favorite Bloc Party album, although its hard to reconcile '3x3' at this point.

Sheesh, I didn't realize it was coming so soon. Just preordered it on Amazon. What does the deluxe edition come with?

So I saw Bloc Party at Pukkelpop a couple of days ago. It was awesome, definitely one of my favourites of the festival. They played 5 songs off Silent Alarm which was good. Kele sang better than expected.

I think Kele was a bit disappointed in the crowd even though they did clap a lot. Everyone was just a bit tired because of the heat. In the end he said: you've been a very, uh, nice crowd. :lol:

They also just announced an arena show here and I'm going to buy tickets tomorrow.

So I'm 2/3 of the way through the opening track and already like this album more than Intimacy. :wink:

Seriously though, this song is pretty sweet.

So I'm 2/3 of the way through the opening track and already like this album more than Intimacy. :wink:

Yeah, 'So He Begins To Lie' is a standout. I am also really liking 'Truth'. What were your impressions of the entire album, mofo?

I'm really, really happy with it. The best initial response I've had to a Bloc Party album since Silent Alarm.

Back
Top Bottom