Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Intimacy is a worthwhile member of the catalogue, just not all that resonating a few years later. I don't regret it's existence. Has some decent moments, namely Ion Square, Better Than Heaven, Signs and One Month Off.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Smiths-inspired bonus track Letter To My Son.

It was always gonna be hard to top Weekend In The City, which remains one of my favourite albums from that decade.

I couldn't resist and watched a few. :lol:

Octopus is the first single and I've heard that it'll be out on July 3. That's the first song in the trailer.

Is this really the album cover?

bloc-party-4.jpg

It is, and I like it.

I look at it as each of the colored rings represents one of the members of the band. Like they're superheros or some shit. Or the kids from Captain Planet.

Was not intended towards you at all, GAF. Hopefully you didn't take it like that in any way, shape, or form.

On a serious note, I was almost shocked to realize how long ago Intimacy released. Time flies.

It was in '08, right? I think the last time I saw them was April '09. They toured the rest of that year and then they went on hiatus end of October '09. I think they had a show on or around Halloween of that year and that was their last show for over two and half years.

I don't know what it says about me that I more immediately thought of Tron when I saw that cover.

So Amazon "leaked" the first single.

I think it's alright but not all that special. Luckily it's better than Mercury and One Month Off.

I'm liking it more and more after every listen. :up:

It's no Banquet but it's quite good.

Oh, man.

Playful vocals, catchy, and that guitar solo towards the end just smokes.

Also, I couldn't help but be reminded of "Myxomatosis" during that one bit.

The "I don't....know why....I feel....etc." part. I kept wanting Kele to say tongue tied. Anyway, good stuff.

Listened to it two times in a row. Didn't like it much the first listen, but enjoyed it a decent amount the second time. Not exactly the type of track I was hoping for, but it's still cool. I can see myself liking it more and more (which seems to happen with each of their lead singles for me).

I don't care for the video though.

I like the video, especially the beginning. The colours are cheesy though.

And man, I've already said it but I'll say it again. This song keeps getting better. I love it now. I'm such a Bloc Party fanboy.

Back
Top Bottom