Best Music of 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Tweedy album is just called Warm but yeah it's good and it'll be on my list if I ever make one.

Nice list. Everybody has had nice lists. We should all be proud that we can still appreciate new music after all these years.

Oops. Missed that (and I've been calling it Warmer since its release, basically).

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...y-announces-new-album-warmer-shares-firs.html

Jeff Tweedy Announces WARM Companion Album WARMER, Shares First Single

Jeff Tweedy has announced a new album, WARMER, to be initially released this Friday, April 13, as a vinyl-only Record Store Day exclusive via dBpm Records. The album is a sister piece to last year’s WARM, which was Tweedy’s first-ever proper solo LP.

“At some point I separated the songs from the WARM/WARMER session into two records with individual character, but still tried to keep the overall tone and texture of the combined session consistent,” Tweedy says of the relationship between the two albums. “In a lot of ways these two records could have been released as a double LP. WARMER means as much to me as WARM and might just as easily have been released as the first record of the pair.”

The album’s first single, “Family Ghost,” finds Tweedy reflecting on his troublesome Illinois upbringing, attempting to reconcile with the types of casual and systemic racism he was raised to be indifferent towards. “When the lights go out, there’s no applause / Condescending to the hideous thought,” Tweedy sings over grooving riffs, contrasted with bellowing slides. “Imprisoned in my lonely skin / I feel so American.”
Listen to “Family Ghost” below, along with a 1996 Wilco concert from the Paste archives. Also, check out the tracklist and album art for WARMER, and see all of Tweedy’s and Wilco’s upcoming tour dates.

Back
Top Bottom