Best/Favorite Music of 2009 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7. Mono - Hymn To The Immortal Wind

I was just thinking earlier today that I'd pretty much entirely forgotten about that album. I don't think I've listened to it since a week or to after it was released, but I absolutely loved it for those few weeks. Need to give it some more spins again.

I agree. I came to it without any hype, though, for whatever that's worth. "Mediocre" is pretty much my word for every Grizzly Bear release. C'est la vie, though. One can't love 'em all.

So i thought it would be easier for me to not order them and just write a blurb of thoughts about each album. This is proving to take far more time than I thought, and I'm almost considering just ordering them and deleting the comments now. :angry:

I keep forgetting that Islands is still going. That's been a very quietly consistent band, right there. They steadily fly just right under the radar.

So i thought it would be easier for me to not order them and just write a blurb of thoughts about each album. This is proving to take far more time than I thought, and I'm almost considering just ordering them and deleting the comments now. :angry:

I wanna read your blurbs. Chop chop, mofo. Time's a wastin'!

I wanna read your blurbs. Chop chop, mofo. Time's a wastin'!

Doh! I just deleted the 3 or 4 I'd written as they were all getting lengthy and probably boring for anyone other than myself to read! The unranked list is pretty much done though, will be posting soon.

Because I seem to have something inside of me that hates the idea of putting a ranked list of albums together, and then looking at it at a later date and hating the order, I've taken the easy road this year and just listed my favorite albums without numbers next to them. To further prove how much my brain hates the idea of ranking albums and artists I like against each other, I couldn't even come up with a "Top 20" and "5 Honorable Mentions", so I instead have below a really lame and strange grouping for you all to mock me over:

Favorite 14 Albums of 2009
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest’
Pains of Being Pure at Heart - self-titled
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - ‘It’s Blitz!’
Built to Spill - ‘There Is No Enemy’
The Clientele - ‘Bonfires On The Heath’
The Fiery Furnaces - ‘I’m Going Away’
The Thermals - ‘Now We Can See’
Bat For Lashes - ‘Two Suns’
The XX - ‘XX’
F**k Buttons - ‘Tarot Sport’
Future of the Left - ‘Travels With Myself and Another’
Doves - ‘Kingdom of Rust’
Fever Ray - self-titled
U2 - ‘No Line on the Horizon’

11 Albums That I Cannot Decide Whether Or Not They Should Be In My Top 20 Or Honorable Mentions
The Dead Weather - ‘Horehound’
Mastodon - ‘Crack the Skye’
Russian Circles - ‘Geneva’
The Flaming Lips - ‘Embryonic’
Manic Street Preachers - ‘Journal For Plague Lovers’
Andrew Bird - ‘Noble Beast’
Animal Collective - ‘Merriweather Post Pavilion’
Dirty Projectors - ‘Bitte Orca’
Florence + The Machine - ‘Lungs’
Mos Def - ‘The Ecstatic’
The Dodos - ‘Time To Die’

Favorite EPs
Realpeople - 'Holland' (second disc of Beirut's March of the Zapotec EP)
Modest Mouse - 'No One's First And You're Next'
Death Cab For Cutie - 'The Open Door'

Another%20New%20Years%20Eve%20Alone%202004.jpg

I can't comment on that. But I will comment that there appears to be a dunce cap in the chair, and she's got white wine in her glass while the bottle next to her is red.

She's an unreliable narrator, so I cannot apply this scenario to my own evening.

I think the glass is just empty, and that hat is a new year's party hat.

The cane confuses me, though.

And I'm surprised you failed to note the ghost over in the corner.

I thought the ghostly image was your patented reference to ZOMG CORI'S OLD!!!!!

:wink:

Actually, I figured with the ghostly oldie and the cane, our blonde friend (uselessly wearing high heels as she sits in an unladylike fashion) is drinking and bemoaning the fact that she's going to get old and lose her fabulous looks.

Which is to say that no, that is not how I'll be spending NYE. Maybe I'll put on heels with my sweatpants, though. You know, as an homage.

Back
Top Bottom