Beck's Sea Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
halle, you will like it. as little as i know you. or your musical tastes. well ok, i dont know you or your musical tastes. but you will still like it.

I think my avatar says it all about me and my musical tastes, really.

But, yes, I lot of people whose taste in music I seem to share adore this album, so I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

I bought it sometimes last week and it lived in my CD player for at least 5 days before it graduated to Car CD Case. It's good. Nice and mellow, very anti-road rage. I love it.

I think this latest album sort of takes up where Mutations takes off. Actually I like Mutations a lot, all it did really was make Beck's surreal folkish side more explicit. It's not like it wasn't there before.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I just had a friend burn this for me. I need to give it a listen... :hmm:

Heh.
*hides*
See, my CD burner didn't do the greatest job there ... sorry!!! It'll do better next time (or we'll beat it into submission.)

This is a great album. Odelay might still be my favorite though. Which doesn't mean I think it's better necessarily.

guess im doing fine has fantastic imagery lyrics.

"yellow roses in the graveyard...i got no time to watch them grow"

just stuff like that, its great. that whole cd is stacked with great songs.

"Lost cause" by Beck

It's been a while since I've liked any new song so much...is the rest of "Sea change" acoustic too?

Lost Cause is wonderful, as is the rest of Sea Change. :heart:

I don't know if I'd classify it as acoustic, but the rest of Sea Change is done in the same style. If you like Lost Cause that much, though, you should definitely get Sea Change.

I dont think most people really know what acoustic is, I blame MTV and their "unplugged" shows.

PS - I want to buy Sea Change too

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
You won't regret it. It's a fantastic album. :up:

If I do regret it, I'm holding you personally responsible....
hehhehe

Actually, the next cd I buy is definitely going to be Foo Fighters - All My Life.

What are your opinions on that album??? I dont have any Foo Fighters albums, but I really like the song All My Life, and I liked the other song they played on SNL last week.

elevatedmole said:

Okay, tell me what acoustic is.

Acoustic guitars/instruments

It's hard to judge sometimes just from listening, I dont blame the mistake. I hope you didnt think I was mocking you or anything. That wasnt my intention at all.

I was serious about my Unplugged comment, they used to let lots of things slide as "acoustic" that werent quite acoustic.

Well, that teaches me to delete a post :p

u2popmofo said:

Acoustic guitars/instruments

It's hard to judge sometimes just from listening, I dont blame the mistake. I hope you didnt think I was mocking you or anything. That wasnt my intention at all.

I was serious about my Unplugged comment, they used to let lots of things slide as "acoustic" that werent quite acoustic.

Ahh, okay. :wave:

The reason I deleted the post, btw, is because I realized I probably misinterpreted you, but it was too late.

Last edited:
elevatedmole said:
The reason I deleted the post, btw, is because I realized I probably misinterpreted you, but it was too late.

It's all good.

Ok, I just watched the rebroad cast of Beck on SNL.

What's the name of the second song they played? It was great, as was Lost Cause.

I MUST buy this album!

well i was out tonite, but i knew i missed it.

im guessing they played... "guess im doing fine"

was that it?

Let me download and see if I can remember. Yeah, I think you were right Gickies. First time for everything, huh?

I tried to buy this album today, but my local used shop didnt have it in.

Last edited:
Gickies Gageeze said:
buying it for the full price is still a good investment.

Yeah, I just didnt go to any normal cd stores.

Can you dig that? I can dig it. I dont know what I'm talking about.

Anyone else think Sunday Sun (which is probably my favorite off of this album) reminds you of Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys? Like a slowed down version? I was thinking that just now as I listened to it and compared it to Pet Sounds (the song) and the opening and chord progression in the chorus and the use of percussion remind me greatly of Pet Sounds.

I'm sure there was an article or a posting somewhere that said he was influenced by the song or something to that nature, but I never saw it.

Why haven't I responded to this thread yet? Best bump ever.

I personally consider this to be the best album of the 00's so far, and hold it very near and dear to my heart. You can only listen to it so often, but when you're in the mood for it, there are few records that are better (Pink Moon, maybe?).

Back
Top Bottom