Beady Eye (Liam Gallagher)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This album is balls. Sticky, fungusy, hairy balls.

Liam proves that Noel had all the songwriting talent. Even noel's talent left him in the end. All of the members of Oasis are now setting about destroying their legacy.

These songs are shite. I expect on an album from a band like this at least one stand out 'classic' type song. But there is NOTHING of the quality of even Lyla.

They took the Oasis sound, made it even more generic, added even worse lyrics (and the concepts MY GOD! Beatles and Stones, grow the fuck up Liam). Dig Out Your Soul should have been called Dig Out Your Grave, because I'd rather them have jumped in it after that dog turd of a record and save us all from hearing this trash.

F.

Dig Out Your Soul was actually quite good. I mean, it had Falling Down and Soldier On, songs which on their own give the album a pass.

Personally, it wasn't anywhere near as average as Heathen Chemistry.

And while we're at it I'll add that SOTSOG is a very underrated album.

And while we're at it I'll add that SOTSOG is a very underrated album.

Yes, but I would still place Giants as the nadir of Oasis. I've always been a huge fan of Heathen Chemistry, which strikes a great balance between shameless rockers and quirky ballads. If Liam had made an effort to write songs with atmosphere and charm such as Born on a Different Cloud and Songbird for Beady Eye's debut rather than the cheap pastiche that comprises almost all of it, he might have had a decent album on his hands.

Dig Out Your Soul was quality, a fine way to cap a career off.. Some of the songs have grown with time, Ain't Got Nothin and The Turning, the album sounds mature and assured, it's pretty good. Did't have the significant filler element of Giants and HC in my opinion.. But still not as good as Don't Believe The Truth, which was a concise showcase of some wonderful tunes.

Yes, but I would still place Giants as the nadir of Oasis. I've always been a huge fan of Heathen Chemistry, which strikes a great balance between shameless rockers and quirky ballads. If Liam had made an effort to write songs with atmosphere and charm such as Born on a Different Cloud and Songbird for Beady Eye's debut rather than the cheap pastiche that comprises almost all of it, he might have had a decent album on his hands.

I know I've said it before, but SOTSOG and HC were only a couple of songs away from being excellent albums. SOTSOG in particular is outstanding in this form:

Fuckin' In The Bushes
Go Let It Out
Who Feels Love?
Let's All Make Believe
Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is
Gas Panic!
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Sunday Morning Call
Full On
Roll It Over

You drop the two major stinkers, Little James and I Can See A Liar, for two all-time classic B-sides, and when constructed this way, Put Yer Money and Gas Panic! don't sound so overbearing in between Let's All Make Believe and Where Did It All Go Wrong? It just flows so much better.

You drop the two major stinkers, Little James and I Can See A Liar, for two all-time classic B-sides, and when constructed this way, Put Yer Money and Gas Panic! don't sound so overbearing in between Let's All Make Believe and Where Did It All Go Wrong? It just flows so much better.

I would like to quote Ned Flanders in relation to the omission of "Let's All Make Believe" from Giants: as far as melon-scratchers go, that's a honeydoodle.

Cigarettes In Hell wouldn't have sounded too out of place on the album either. The song sounds pretty unique compared to everything else that Oasis had released prior to Giants

Dig Out Your Soul was extremely pleasant. Very cohesive and lacking the embarrassing crap that littered their early 2000s work. That one showed they could still craft a good album, whereas Don't Believe The Truth was extremely inspired but lacked cohesion. Taken together, it was clear that Oasis were actually improving.

Still haven't heard Beady Eye's album, but it's frustrating that the breakup halted their progression.

Speaking of omissions from SOTSOG, I think Full On might be my favorite Oasis b-side.

This album is balls. Sticky, fungusy, hairy balls.

Liam proves that Noel had all the songwriting talent. Even noel's talent left him in the end. All of the members of Oasis are now setting about destroying their legacy.

These songs are shite. I expect on an album from a band like this at least one stand out 'classic' type song. But there is NOTHING of the quality of even Lyla.

They took the Oasis sound, made it even more generic, added even worse lyrics (and the concepts MY GOD! Beatles and Stones, grow the fuck up Liam). Dig Out Your Soul should have been called Dig Out Your Grave, because I'd rather them have jumped in it after that dog turd of a record and save us all from hearing this trash.

F.
calmdownbro.jpg

I'll admit to being quite partial to Little James despite its much maligned (and quite fairly) lyrics, and even then the lyrics don't really bother me that much at all.

I actually own Heathen Chemistry. Never listened to it. I only know two or three of their other hits. Comments here have put me off searching their music out. Interesting how madferit (you know I'm a fan mate, keep it up :D) has effectively turned Oasis from just another band into something to be openly ridiculed and hated :lol:

Oasis have always been hated cobl. Usually by people who deride them as a talentless bunch of oafs from Manchester just because they didn't go and write the new Dark Side of the Moon after they got popular.

The truth is that these people would stand up and applaud if Thom Yorke farted into a microphone.

Oasis made great tunes and feel good anthems and were the sound of a generation :up:

Yes they weren't the most experimental band but who gives a fuck. Thankfully millions of people still love them. Including me :D

Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory are seriously awesome, particularly the former. After that, they got coked up, bloated and worthless. The swagger was gone, and by 2000's Familiar to Millions, you can hear that Liam's voice had gone too.

They certainly never matched the consistency of the first two albums, but every one that followed at least two absolute gems on it. I could put together a twenty-five song Oasis playlist that rivals just about any band of the last twenty years, but Morning Glory is the only one of their albums that I would rank among the best of that same time period.

Finally got around to hearing this.

I'm convinced it's nearly all filler, and I couldn't detect a single moment of true inspiration anywhere, most likely due to Noel's absence. Millionaire is good, and For Anyone is a lovely pop number. I have no idea what would possess anyone to listen to the rest more than once, but only a couple of songs are truly hideous anyway. Bring The Light might be even worse on second listen.

So, hardly awful, but it's proof that even more recent Oasis songs like The Importance of Being Idle and Falling Down are miles beyond Beady Eye. I'm a bit depressed that they've gone back to this bland crap again. Don't Believe The Truth was damn good.

I still get The Importance of Being Idle stuck in my head at random times quite often.

the b-sides and demos make being an Oasis fan so frustrating

Shout it Out Loud - Idlers Dream - Cloudburst

These are all classics that only a few hardcore fans will hear

ANyways...

Millionaire is the next single for Beady Eye

Apparently they're covering Country House for Record Store Day. I laughed.

Ha, no shit? That's pretty cool, actually.

Blur being discussed in multiple threads right now. Country House is a hell of a lot of fun. Good song, good single.

Roll With It, which was the song that went up against it in that big meaningless chart battle, is also a fun song and a good single.

Still haven't listened to this Beady Eye album yet. I will at some point, though.

What the hell was that shit?

And what's up with that helmet? I'm not talking about the one the guitarist is wearing, I'm talking about the one on the lead singer's head... :crazy:

BVS said:
What the hell was that shit?

And what's up with that helmet? I'm not talking about the one the guitarist is wearing, I'm talking about the one on the lead singer's head... :crazy:

apparently he never got the memo that it's now 2011.

Back
Top Bottom