Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The song's pretty alright. Something about the lyrics strike me as sillier than usual.

She's awesome though, album should be dope.

I am anxious for her to announce US dates. She is at the top of my list of artists that I want to see but have not yet had the chance.

I'd like to see her too. She seems to be really good live based on TV performances and live track EP's / b-sides. Two of my most listened to tracks on Spotify are live versions of The Wizard and Bat's Mouth. I'm always bummed I don't have a good live version of Daniel, as I think I actually loved the live versions more than the studio version.

There are some great live versions of Daniel out there on YouTube. Some of them are very sparse in instrumentation, but breaking the song down to its core shows just how skilled she is with a chord progression. My favorite song from her is probably Glass; there is a Sirius Radio session version floating around somewhere that is sublime. I think it was an iTunes bonus track or something.

I think she does actually have some of those "iTunes Sessions" EPs on there. I'll have to look and see if there's a good version of Daniel on one of them.

Daniel was hands-down song of the year in 2009, probably in my top 20 or so for the whole decade too. Can't believe how good it is.

There are like two songs on Two Suns I could do without (Peace of Mind, The Big Sleep), but otherwise it's a masterpiece.

I hate to sound melodramatic here, but Glass is one of the few tracks that changed my perspective on music. It's primal yet sophisticated; nuanced yet remarkably simple; dramatic yet restrained. I remember exactly the time and place where I first heard it, just thinking, "wow, this woman is something really special." I can only say that first part for a handful of songs.

Haha, the song just doesn't really go anywhere for me. I love Scott Walker.

I should hear Fur and Gold again. The one listen I had was OK, it felt a bit spare, lacking that lush production I love so much in Two Suns.

I actually nearly like Pearl's Dream as much as Daniel. Nearly. Absolutely love both tracks though, still listen to them fairly often. Those 2, What's A Girl To Do, The Wizard, and Bat's Mouth are probably my favorite songs of hers.

Siren Song is probably my favorite track of hers. It makes me think of what Florence could do if she showed a little restraint.

I hate to sound melodramatic here, but Glass is one of the few tracks that changed my perspective on music. It's primal yet sophisticated; nuanced yet remarkably simple; dramatic yet restrained. I remember exactly the time and place where I first heard it, just thinking, "wow, this woman is something really special." I can only say that first part for a handful of songs.

Going to have to check this out. I admit, I only listened to one of her albums one time through back in the day. I don't even remember which one. But I have a feeling I need to give her another shot.

packshot.jpg

I am basically expecting this album to be the greatest thing ever. I wonder if that is too much to expect.

Sorta forgot she had a single out already. I haven't listened to it since the day it hit the net.

Natasha Khan
Natasha Khan
Natasha Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Natasha Khan
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Natasha Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Natasha Khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Feel for you

:up:

*must resist*

I'm so damn jazzed for this. I have been quite pleased with this year's releases by bands I already love.

*must resist*

I'm so damn jazzed for this. I have been quite pleased with this year's releases by bands I already love.

Just know it's good.

Have you listened to the first single yet, or are you waiting until it releases?

Back
Top Bottom