Bands that never topped track #1 on album #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember them saying that the new album was supposed to come out this year, but maybe this is old news?

Edit: I guess JT's explanation is more comprehensive than my hearsay. Btw, how did you do it??

Anne Coulter is your first link. Are you comfortable being of the same ilk, NSW? Are you?

Which would be the first song for Fleet Foxes, technically? She Got Dressed? Definitely not their best. For me, that belongs to Blue Ridge Mountains and Quiet Houses.

This might be cheating a little, but I don't think the Stone Temple Pilots have topped the one-two punch of "Dead & Bloated" and "Sex Type Thing."

I saw DiscothequeLP in this thread and immediately remembered another:

The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend of Mine

If that one isn't my very favorite track of theirs, Mr. Brightside or Smile Like You Mean It is. The point here is that they never came close to topping Hot Fuss.

I saw DiscothequeLP in this thread and immediately remembered another:

The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend of Mine

If that one isn't my very favorite track of theirs, Mr. Brightside or Smile Like You Mean It is. The point here is that they never came close to topping Hot Fuss.

You're late to the party bud, already long ago was mentioned :tsk:

Was it? I'll throw in another that was probably mentioned ages ago:

The Strokes - Is This It?

I have no idea why I consider that one my favorite Strokes song, but I do so very much love it. Again, even if it's not the best, it's pretty clear that the Strokes Squirtigo'd their career.

Lost Horizons - Gin Blossoms

I personally prefer a few other tunes, but I could see why some other fans (if they have any), might find this to be Gin Blossoms at their most exceptional. It is a fine song.

Was it? I'll throw in another that was probably mentioned ages ago:

The Strokes - Is This It?

I have no idea why I consider that one my favorite Strokes song, but I do so very much love it. Again, even if it's not the best, it's pretty clear that the Strokes Squirtigo'd their career.

Good call.

Lost Horizons - Gin Blossoms

I personally prefer a few other tunes, but I could see why some other fans (if they have any), might find this to be Gin Blossoms at their most exceptional. It is a fine song.

Which version are you talking about? This was the lead song on their first album Dusted, and re-recorded (along with other songs) for New Miserable Experience, which is actually their second album.

I highly doubt the original is better.

Just like I'm the only one who actually likes Machina.

Oh well.

The fact that so many people neglect "Machina" is very disappointing. While it doesn't compare to "MCIS", it has some incredible songs like "Stand Inside Your Love" - arguably the best Pumpkins song.

The fact that so many people neglect "Machina" is very disappointing. While it doesn't compare to "MCIS", it has some incredible songs like "Stand Inside Your Love" - arguably the best Pumpkins song.

I don't know if that tune is their best or not, but it's certainly one of my favorites....I love when it shifts into a higher gear, good stuff. :up:

I'm kind of attached to the album because I listened to it a lot during my first trip to Japan, so the album and my memories of that adventure are all tied together.

Which version are you talking about? This was the lead song on their first album Dusted, and re-recorded (along with other songs) for New Miserable Experience, which is actually their second album.

I highly doubt the original is better.

I'm going on the NME version, I doubt the band consider Dusted as their first album due to the fact that they opted to re record about half the album. It's a contentious one. I've only heard a short clip of original Lost Horizons, so not completely certain how much the song altered between Dusted and NME. Dusted has to be considered their official debut I suppose.

With the Stone Roses, their first recorded album was Garage Flower, but first released album was their self-titled. Garage Flower similarly featured a few early versions of songs that would appear on the self-titled, the official debut.

Back
Top Bottom