B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Post your favorite albums of 2015.

Here are the rules from last year:

- You list your top 15 albums.
- You distribute 100 points up among those 15 albums however you see fit. You cannot exceed 15 points for a single album, however.
- A top thirty will be formed, and if necessary, a minimum number of votes will be required for an album to make the top thirty.
- In case of a tie, the album with the larger number of votes gets precedence. If they are tied in both points and votes, we move to a shootout.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if we could count how many times a year he uses that.

Oooooooh. Excited to do this. Didn't put together a list last year but there's a bunch of stuff I can choose from for 2015.

I'll be putting Adele at #1 because she's overweight.

This is my favorite thread of the year. I agree with LM - this has been a really strong year in music. It will be tough to rank the top 15.

This is going to be an exceedingly difficult year for me to rank. One of the strongest in a long time.

B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

Agreed - it's been a great year of music. Will be very difficult to rank it all.

There's a very clear #1 for me, followed by 3 or 4 great albums, then a lot of really good ones.

Here's an Aussie perspective from one of our larger local sites: The 50 best albums of 2015 | FasterLouder

With regards to the local albums that may not be so well known internationally, I definitely think Methyl Ethel's Oh Inhuman Spectacle (#44) deserves the hype. I need to hear Gold Class's It's You (#36); I've seen them live and enjoyed them but have only heard the singles. Twerps, Dick Diver, and Royal Headache have all been much loved here but I wouldn't recommend any of them. Traviud probably would.

It's inexcusable they skipped over Dorsal Fins' Mind Renovation though. That's a fucking gem that I think some of you folks would rather enjoy. Get on it.

But a half-assed collection of Dylan covering Sinatra and an album from fucking Don Henley are. Oh Rolling Stone, never change.

I can't be bothered looking at it, but I assume they've also found some justification to include Songs of Innocence again.

Or maybe even HTDAAB.

I remember I was freshman in college, at the absolute peak of my U2 fandom. And the day it was announced that the album was going to be called How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and I was fucking thrilled. Thought it was a brilliant, kickass album title.

I still think it's a pretty damn good title actually.

I'm also kinda drunk.

i don't know why but only album from 2015 i've actually listened at some capacity is like Failure album (a Heart Is a Monster) and Torche (Restarter). so, whatever

I can't be bothered looking at it, but I assume they've also found some justification to include Songs of Innocence again.

Or maybe even HTDAAB.

I actually went to look before I realized you were joking and that SoI came out in 2014. Seems like only a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom