B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man I must not have been paying attention but it seems like Kendrick was high on pretty much every list. Chvrches and Wolf Alice beating it is really, really surprising.

Really, really surprising and really, really awesome. Good work B&C.

0f4b1d2f.jpg

1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (126 points, 12 votes)

"Seems like the perfect place to start with Sufjan." - Cobbler
"It is illegal to buy an anatomically correct inflatable doll in Texas." - Danny Boy
"Wonderful, the writing is awesome." - LemonMelon
"He has a wonderful ear for good chord changes." - Danny Boy
"I like this more than anything he's done." - u2popmofo
"I wish he was coming anywhere near here." - U2 in Utah
"Clearly it is I who needs to go fuck himself." - PhilsFan

Holy shit, 26 point win :lol:

I'm surprised Purity Ring made it into the top 10 of something other than the Disappointing Albums Everyone Forgot About list. It got completely overlooked by critics, so...good job, Interference?

I love that everyone's surprised/disappointed in a list that you all put together. Not the reaction I was expecting but I'm amused.

And as far as the Kendrick thing is concerned, Kendrick received the most 15-point votes with 4 of them, which may be why it seemed like he was doing better than he was.

And as far as the Kendrick thing is concerned, Kendrick received the most 15-point votes with 4 of them, which may be why it seemed like he was doing better than he was.

It got 8 votes and only 8 people listen to hip hop on this whole board. Same thing happened to Twisted Fantasy way back when.

I should listen to that Sufjan album.

You should. :up:

what? CHVRCHES ahead of Kendrick? as much as I thought TPAB was bit overrated, that album was very ambitious and experimental, while Every Open Eye is.......meh. and yes, Lauren is cute.

Wolf Alice was surprisingly good, I still don't know why I didn't add that to my list
(but I wanted to add Oneohtrix album, hard tradeoff)

I'm surprised Jamie XX was that low. I don't love it, but I thought it would be higher.

I love it and thought it would end up higher.

1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (126 points, 12 votes)

"I like this more than anything he's done." - u2popmofo

I must clarify the context, I was saying I like it more than anything he's done other than Illinoise. So Illinoise, then this. That is all.

It got 8 votes and only 8 people listen to hip hop on this whole board. Same thing happened to Twisted Fantasy way back when.

I don't really listen to hip hop often but I still gave it a couple of points. I would probably give it some more if I was putting my list together today.

I love that everyone's surprised/disappointed in a list that you all put together. Not the reaction I was expecting but I'm amused.

I think there are a few albums that get talked about a lot here, and automatically I expected them to finish pretty high. Jamie XX was one of those cases for me.

Anyways, thanks again for putting it together. This is a good list, and definitely representative of the B&C taste.

Also, the Wolf Alice hype train has become a TGV.

I don't really listen to hip hop often but I still gave it a couple of points. I would probably give it some more if I was putting my list together today.

The crossover appeal for TPAB actually seems to be higher on Interference than it was for Good Kid. Did that even make the top 20 in our 2012 poll?

It's a great record, I hope more people discover it over time.

I must clarify the context, I was saying I like it more than anything he's done other than Illinoise. So Illinoise, then this. That is all.

It's a better complete album than Illinois, but Illinois has higher peaks.

The crossover appeal for TPAB actually seems to be higher on Interference than it was for Good Kid. Did that even make the top 20 in our 2012 poll?

It's a great record, I hope more people discover it over time.

I barely remember hearing about Good Kid here back in the day. TPAB actually made me go back to it and I now love it too.

Best albums that didn't make the top 10 but should have:

Best Coast - California Nights
Cold War Kids - Hold My Home
Deer Hunter - Fading Frontier
El Vy - Return To The Moon
Faith No More- So Invictus
Foals - What Went Down
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday
Pond - Man It Feels Like Space Again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you guys are expecting too much from a top 10 that is only composed of 20 lists

not a large enough sample size

You should. :up:

I have no idea why I didn't. I like Sufjan. Illinois is an awesome album. Just listened to "Death With Dignity" on Spotify. The piano coming in and mimicking the vocal melody? Shit. Great song. And it sounded like fucking "Casimir Pulaski Day" which is my favorite Sufjan track.

I'm genuinely impressed both of my top two albums made the top ten.

I have no idea why I didn't. I like Sufjan. Illinois is an awesome album. Just listened to "Death With Dignity" on Spotify. The piano coming in and mimicking the vocal melody? Shit. Great song. And it sounded like fucking "Casimir Pulaski Day" which is my favorite Sufjan track.

I am flummoxed you haven't heard it. You were like the first person to comment when it was announced. You were excited he was going back to a folk sound. Fuck's wrong with you.

Anyway, weird list. My order would have changed if I'd got to a few albums more. I really liked the Deerhunter record but only listened once or twice. The quotes were pretty fun though. Liked the solo Ax one on the Purity Ring entry.

Back
Top Bottom