B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess on the up side, that "I really really like you" song doesn't have the annoying as fuck iPhone text sounds in it like the version I'd previously heard. I have no idea what that was about.

It's from the music video. There's a lot of morons out there that rip audio from the YouTube videos and then it gets uploaded around the world...like it seems every year before somebody uploads a proper torrent of the annual Pitchfork song list, for example, some other idiot uploads a version completely ripped from YouTube. Yeah, like we all want abysmal sound quality and songs having random music video sound effects or stoppages or dialogue. :down:

Gonna second Lance here and say just give all my points to Carly Rae since I didn't make a list.

I've been meaning to hear these two. I liked the singles from both of them I was hearing on Sirius XMU.

You should, both are pretty fun rock albums. I'm admittedly a big Built to Spill fan, but enjoyed this new one quite a bit. I think I actually prefer this most recent Desaparecidos album to the first one that came out 10+ years ago.

Gonna second Lance here and say just give all my points to Carly Rae since I didn't make a list.

Post yer list, muchacho. Shiner 4 lief

Last edited:

It's from the music video. There's a lot of morons out there that rip audio from the YouTube videos and then it gets uploaded around the world...like it seems every year before somebody uploads a proper torrent of the annual Pitchfork song list, for example, some other idiot uploads a version completely ripped from YouTube. Yeah, like we all want abysmal sound quality and songs having random music video sound effects or stoppages or dialogue. :down:

Ah ok. The sound quality where I heard it wasn't awful, but those text noises were so fucking annoying. I still don't care for the song without them, but it's the difference between me being indifferent toward it vs flat out hating it.

Operating under the assumption that everyone who intends to submit has submitted, I am beginning to prepare for the countdown.

Should be an interesting final list.

First, a note about a change: because of a combination of slightly fewer lists than normal (it's normally 24 or 25 lists) and more parity in the voting, I have eliminated the "three votes to make the top 30" rule.

FUN WITH STATS
Total Lists: 21
Total Albums Voted For: 136
Albums Receiving Only One Vote: 79
Most Votes without Making Top 30: My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall (4 votes)
15 Point/1-Vote Albums: The Libertines (Anthems for Doomed Youth), A Heart Is a Monster (Failure), Purple (Baroness), Jim O'Rourke (Simple Songs)

I...might have flipped the artist name and title of the album, oops (meaning Purple is by Baroness and A Heart Is A Monster is a album by Failure)

Last edited:
30. The Helio Sequence - The Helio Sequence (19 points, 2 votes)
29. Royal Headache - High (20 points, 2 votes)
28. Best Coast - California Nights (21 points, 2 votes)
27. Neon Indian - Vega International Night School (21 points, 3 votes)
26. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (23 points, 6 votes)
25. Deafheaven - New Bermuda (24 points, 2 votes)
24. Jamie xx - In Colour (24 points, 4 votes)
23. Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (25 points, 2 votes)
22. Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars (25 points, 3 votes)
21. Foals - What Went Down (25 points, 3 votes)

Shit. I forgot to post my list. Foals would have had 10 more points for sure. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all good. I shared my favorite albums with my girlfriend's brother. He "gets" me.

20. Deerhunter - Fading Frontier (26 points, 4 votes)
19. HEALTH - Death Magic (27 points, 2 votes)
18. Destroyer - Poison Season (28 points, 6 votes)
17. Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion (30 points, 5 votes)
16. Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love (31 points, 5 votes)
15. EL VY - Return to the Moon (33 points, 6 votes)
14. Viet Cong - Viet Cong (35 points, 4 votes)
13. Kamasi Washington - The Epic (36 points, 5 votes)
12. Beach House - Depression Cherry (38 points, 6 votes)
11. Joanna Newsom - Divers (39 points, 4 votes)

f92705cc.jpg

10. Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness (50 points, 7 votes)

"I fuckingggggggggggggggggg love her." - Cobbler
"Can please you on a surface level or as an immersive experience - an accomplishment indeed." - Iron Yuppie
"I'm intrigued." - PhilsFan
"Soooooooooo hot and cute and lovely." - Cobbler
"My record store didn't have the Julia Holter album." - Gump
"Can't say enough positive things about Julia Holter and her new album." - LemonMelon
"Sexy as FUCK." - Cobbler

Surprised that El Vy record wasn't higher. Also I don't recall seeing Divers on any list - obviously I am misremembering there, but did anyone really talk about that album around here at all?

purity-ring-2015-tour-dates-ticket-presale-info-600x313.jpg

9. Purity Ring - Another Eternity (60 points, 6 votes)

"This gig is the same night as the Wolf Alice gig, but the Purity Ring gig early so I should be able to do both." - Axver

582f4_1332631.jpg

8. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit (62 points, 8 votes)

"Please get the fuck into her music." - Cobbler
"She is driving on the wrong side of the road." - gump
"I remember when she worked at Northcote Social Club." - Axver
"She can join that band Jeff Tweedy started with his son." - Kieran
"Her accent is very strong." - PhilsFan
"A nice breath of fresh air." - david
"I'm down." - GAF

Surprised that El Vy record wasn't higher. Also I don't recall seeing Divers on any list - obviously I am misremembering there, but did anyone really talk about that album around here at all?

I think we were thrown off by the quirkiness and charm of the first single and a little dismayed that the remainder of the album's songs weren't in the same vein of that song.

It was very high on my list. I think it got a couple of mentions in RMT but it wasn't exactly hyped here. It's a shame as it's a fantastic record.

It was very high on my list. I think it got a couple of mentions in RMT but it wasn't exactly hyped here. It's a shame as it's a fantastic record.

Better than the shitty top 10 so far.

720x405-00010018.JPG

7. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear (79 points, 8 votes)

"I am excited to hear this tomorrow." - u2popmofo
"This guy is a tremendous lyricist." - Iron Yuppie
"He makes me want to be a singer/songwriter." - PhilsFan
"I e-mailed Sub Pop." - Big Macphisto
"Love it." - Lazarus
"I should stop drinking." - GAF

Most Votes without Making Top 30: My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall (4 votes)

This displeases me.

My bad...I definitely forgot it on my list and it would've been in the top ten.

I'm surprised Jamie XX was that low. I don't love it, but I thought it would be higher.

Back
Top Bottom