B&C's 2015 Albums of the Year AKA The One Time A Year Peef Uses Math

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the heads up. Someone in Australia submitted a list and I put it into the spreadsheet before having to scrap it because he forgot an album. I won't name names but he has the same name as me and is a lot taller.

HEALTH - Death Magic (12)

163.gif

Thanks for the heads up. Someone in Australia submitted a list and I put it into the spreadsheet before having to scrap it because he forgot an album. I won't name names but he has the same name as me and is a lot taller.

Friggin'.

Surely you can wait for him to correct it before declaring the final list?

I corrected it anyway. It's in my next post

short-ass motherfucker

FIXED:

My list, along with some of the initial reaction notes I wrote to myself after first listen. Enjoy learning that I write notes to myself as though I'm posting on a message board:

1) Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly 15
>> Shit's fire…yo.

2) Wolf Alice My Love Is Cool 12
>> WOLF ALICE

3) Kamasi Washington - The Epic 10

4) My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall 9
>>Definitely a favorite of theirs. Hoo boy.

5) Twin Shadow - Eclipse 8
>>I'm just going to have to reserve myself to the fact that I adore stupidly bombastic music... A lot.

6) Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect 8
>> "This is, at the moment, my least favorite Killers released anything, and that includes Big Talk, but I don't think that's going to last….I think relistens will improve it…I hope…I mean…oh dear…

UPDATE: I won't erase the above, but I couldn't feel further from this now, definitely enjoy this. It's weak, but not THAT weak, and has much higher highs than I initially gave credit for."

7) Viet Cong - Viet Cong 7
>> It's like if Interpol and David Bowie had a baby that loved The Horrors. If there's a better album out this year, that would be fantastic news.

8) Westkust - Last Forever 6

9) Churches - Every Open Eye 6

10) Joanna Gruesome Peanut Butter 5
>> Listened to everything they released in a day, it's all so great. Exactly my alley, too.

11) Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs 4

12) Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo & Youth 3
>>If this album had been about two or three tracks shorter, it would've been my number one for the year. The beats are great, the lyrics are pretty much phenomenal across the board. I anticipate this actually rising after a few more listens, as I grow more accustomed to its slightly unwieldy length.

13) Cheatahs - Mythologies 3

14) Sufjan Stevens Carrie & Lowell 2
>>I guess thinking this sounds like Illinois isn't a good enough a critique, so it definitely needs a relisten.

15) Tame Impala - Currents 2

After careful deliberation, and relistens to each album, essentially what it came down to between Tame Impala and Pinkshinyultrablast was this: The former was something new and exciting from a band I hate, the latter was something completely up my alley, but that moved me on no emotional level. So, in choosing between an album I liked and was surprised by, that made me feel things and an album that I enjoyed but left me cold, I went with the former.

I also still feel like the name pinkshinyultrablast connotes one kind of music, and this wasn't it.

Also, also, I really wish we could tag people on this forum.

HEALTH - Death Magic (15)
Jamie XX - In Color (10)
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honey Bear (10)
Grimes - Art Angels (10)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (10)
Deerhunter - Fading Frontier (10)
Tame Impala - Currents (10)
Chvrches - Every Eye Open (10)
Modest Mouse - Strangers To Ourselves (3)
Baroness - Purple (2)
Desaparecidos - Payola (2)
Joanna Newsom - Divers (2)
Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars (2)
Beach House - Depression Cherry (2)
Built To Spill - Untethered Moon (2)

Honorable Mentions
Kurt Vile - Believe I'm Goin Down
Low - Ones and Sixes
Viet Cong
Destroyer - Poison Season
Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss

I might add in thoughts / details later, didn't want to hold up the tally.

Last edited:
Thanks, you guys. We are now at 21 lists. In years' past we normally end up around 24 or 25 so I'll hold off for a couple of more days.

HEALTH - Death Magic (15)
Jamie XX - In Color (10)
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honey Bear (10)
Grimes - Art Angels (10)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (10)
Deerhunter - Fading Frontier (10)
Tame Impala - Currents (10)
Chvrches - Every Eye Open (10)
Modest Mouse - Strangers To Ourselves (3)
Baroness - Purple (2)
Desaparecidos - Payola (2)
Joanna Newsom - Divers (2)
Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars (2)
Beach House - Depression Cherry (2)
Built To Spill - Untethered Moon (2)

Honorable Mentions
Kurt Vile - Believe I'm Goin Down
Low - Ones and Sixes
Viet Cong
Destroyer - Poison Season
Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss

I might add in thoughts / details later, didn't want to hold up the tally.

Nice list, mofo.

Blackstar is so good I'm just going to go ahead and name it my favorite album of 2015 despite it coming out this year. Just kidding.. Or am I..

But yeah, I should think about my 2015 list. Reading over everyone's lists I'm reminded of albums from 2015 I didn't give too many listens too. What a odd year 2015 was.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Blackstar is so good I'm just going to go ahead and name it my favorite album of 2015 despite it coming out this year.

I would be shocked if it doesn't end up in my top 5 for 2016. It would have to have been an incredible year.

I don't know how you ever compare am album like this to any other record. It's just... You're never going to be able to just listen to Blackstar again, you know? It's always going to be almost an otherworldly thing.

I thought I'd be listening to Bowie this morning, but she's the only thing that can make me happy.

It's so boring and forgettable though. I guess on the up side, that "I really really like you" song doesn't have the annoying as fuck iPhone text sounds in it like the version I'd previously heard. I have no idea what that was about. I don't remember any of the other songs well enough to even bitch about them, and I listened to it two days ago.

Run Away With Me was my favorite song of last year that wasn't written by Kendrick Lamar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom