Avril Lavigne Mergathon/What REALLY caused Avril Lavigne’s career to go downhill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know you have all been DYING to hear how last night's Hong Kong Avril show was!

After almost having an epileptic seizure at Britney's show a couple of weeks back (due to her lighting guys deciding to strobe fucking everything up) it was nice to see a more modest production. Two guitarists, a drummer and a keyboard player were all that Avril had on stage with her. One big screen behind the drums and one on each side of the stage were used for nonsensical graphics and video medleys (plus a video duet with Marilyn Manson - I shit you not). Very few close ups of Avril and no video duet with her husband either (nor a surprise live duet - Chad was spotted in the mixing desk area).

The show was around 80 minutes long and featured most of the new album and a dozen or so hits. Show closed with Sk8r Boi, Smile and I'm With You was the encore. No pyro. Hong Kong is having a cold snap and the indoor arena appears to not be heated - however the arena was about 90% full. Seated area completely full, "mosh pit" not so much. A solid show. The tour book only shows 25 or so show dates in Asia. (I buy a tour book/programme at every show that has one).

The girl cannot sing live at all - her vocals sounded like a cat being made into a smoothee (and not in a good way). Nonetheless she seems to be a huge star in Asia. Very young audience, very few expats (apart from a bunch of drunk, flag waving Canadians).

The girl knows to go where her audience is. I doubt she could pull off an arena tour elsewhere. She has cornered a niche market and may as well milk it.

He's somewhat unknown
He's only just posts here
And cunts won't let him be
He's mostly unknown
And probably just a troll
You can see him stan Avril
He is not Unbannable

He's somewhat unknown
He's only just posts here
And cunts won't let him be
He's mostly unknown
And probably just a troll
You can see him stan Avril
He is not Unbannable

I think you mean:

Feelings he won't hide.
The mods just can't find.
He's losing his mind.
He's fallen behind.
He can't keep the pace.
He's listening to Sk8.
He's trollin' the place.
He's all over the place.
Yeah,oh

Is he even a he? I hope I didn't make those minor changes for nothing...

I suck at that shit, nowadays.

Maybe he'll give us a haiku.

HBK is mad
No respect for Avril thread
Fuck you cunts! Fuck you!

I'm standing under a bridge
I'm gnawing on a bone
I thought I'd have an answer by now
There's nothing but Avril
What happened to my girl
Without her I have nothing in this world

Doesn't anyone want to help me?
If you don't you can blow me

It's a damn cold board
What did I come here for?
I'll take Avril by the hand
And take her somewhere new
You won't tell me where she is
So fuck you
Fuck youuu

Last edited:
Without being hateful, I was hoping you guys could help me determine the ROOT CAUSE of HBK's downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom