Australian music appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I last saw them a year or two ago, and we were so drunk I can't even remember if Doc was there or not.

Paul Kelly is awesome. I've never seen him live.
:up:

Okay. Elton John is performing at Wezza, WEZZA, and I decided not to get tickets for the first show. Should I get the worst tickets ($120) for the second show? I've gotta make up my mind. I love all his singles and stuff, don't own an album though. When else am I going to get a chance to see pop royalty in my freakin hometown??

Good luck to him getting out alive though.

:lmao:

Hey there are some good folk down here. Hard to find, yes, but still. My gun-toting neighbours (and I mean that quite literally), I'm sure they mean well. :D

yeah but they bought their guns from my neighbours!!! :giggle: i still dont know why he would be playing werribee mansion ??? then again EJ isnt known for making sense is he.

Elton's a gun, I suggest you go, but if the gig's in Wezza (of all places), than he might not play all his hits.....

werribee - outer suburb of melbourne - weribbe mansion grounds i believe the gig is at. i wonder how many they are expecting ? i doubt they could pull off the logistics successfully.

Oh, should've figured that out, I hear Werribee trains announced enough at City Loop stations!

And why on earth would Elton John be playing out there as opposed to Rod Laver or even the Dome?

Well, I'm sure he does need to buy new extravagantly expensive sunglasses. :wink:

OK that's the first sign of the apocalypse - Elton in Wezza :huh: And I don't even have a reason to visit my mate in Wezza, cos he's moved to the salubrious surrounds of Point Cook :giggle: Gee I miss Werribee Plaza.... :sarcasm smilie:

Hey the plaza's not bad. I go there all the time, JB HiFI :drool: I would live there. and I went to Big Dub to pick up Dad's father's day present the other day.

I've decided I will go.

On ya :up: The Mansion is very nice, our work had our Christmas do there a few years ago. :up: We got bussed in and out. :up: We had free booze laid on. :up:

And Anna, just read that Doc is touring with the Countdown Speccie 2. Him and Molly and JPY and Plastric Bertrand and Samantha Fox....

blueeyedgirl said:
OK that's the first sign of the apocalypse - Elton in Wezza :huh: And I don't even have a reason to visit my mate in Wezza, cos he's moved to the salubrious surrounds of Point Cook :giggle: Gee I miss Werribee Plaza.... :sarcasm smilie:

My sister just moved to Point Cook on the weekend! :madspit:
She's now working at Werribee Zoo.

blueeyedgirl said:
On ya :up: The Mansion is very nice, our work had our Christmas do there a few years ago. :up: We got bussed in and out. :up: We had free booze laid on. :up:

And Anna, just read that Doc is touring with the Countdown Speccie 2. Him and Molly and JPY and Plastric Bertrand and Samantha Fox....

Plastic Bertrand!?! Oh man, I nearly choked on my Sara Lee struedel! Come on a bender with me! Let's go!
:love:

intedomine said:
Poor Live Earth line-up in Shitney...Eskimo Joe, Ghostwriters and Crowded House saved it...

Ghostwriters. :up: Do you know how I could get a C.D. of theirs? I cannot find it on Amazon or i-Tunes.

mysterious_jen said:

the hell??? :ohmy: dude thats like half a years income for a servo pleb :no:

elton john ripping off the working class :tsk: :tsk:

:wink:

:heart:

:madhusband:

:mad:

Nah I didn't go in the end. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. :D

Y'know I've earned like 5k so far in a year, and it's taken me all this time to finally save up to a grand.

:forgivenfornow:

Go cats

COBL_04 said:

:madhusband:

:mad:

Nah I didn't go in the end. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. :D

Y'know I've earned like 5k so far in a year, and it's taken me all this time to finally save up to a grand.

:forgivenfornow:

Go cats

It probably should be more than 5K but because you're under 20, you are discriminated against and given a lesser wage per hour....

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt and anger at a society which pays me, a 21 year old $18.50 bucks an hour, while a 18 year old in the same job, doing the same amount of labour, gets paid a mere $15 odd. Disgraceful.

intedomine said:

It probably should be more than 5K but because you're under 20, you are discriminated against and given a lesser wage per hour....

I can't help but feel a sense of guilt and anger at a society which pays me, a 21 year old $18.50 bucks an hour, while a 18 year old in the same job, doing the same amount of labour, gets paid a mere $15 odd. Disgraceful.

Best to do is just move on with it I guess. I'm not too fussed really. I get $116 a week, which is incredible in my eyes. I went from like five bucks pocket money whenever I asked for it to over $100 a week! I was stoked! I never saw $100 in a week except for birthdays.

intedomine said:

You want disgraceful, the US minimum wage is $5.85 per hour (that just went into effect in July) although several states have higher minimum wages (Washington state has the highest at $7.93). Tipped labour, such as waitressing, can be paid as little as $2.13 per hour as they are expected to make the rest of the amount in tips.

Makes that "mere $15 odd" -- even accounting for currency exchange rates -- look fabulous.

indra said:

You want disgraceful, the US minimum wage is $5.85 per hour (that just went into effect in July) although several states have higher minimum wages (Washington state has the highest at $7.93). Tipped labour, such as waitressing, can be paid as little as $2.13 per hour as they are expected to make the rest of the amount in tips.

Makes that "mere $15 odd" -- even accounting for currency exchange rates -- look fabulous.

Shocking. I don't know how they can get away with that over there.

I always made sure I generously tipped the tipped laboourers whne I was in the US.

My qualm however, was with people being paid less merely because they happen to be younger than their fellow workers.

Ageism is rampant in our society.

Back
Top Bottom