Arias '08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't like Hamish and Andy?!?! :ohmy: Or just their hosting capabilities?

To be honest, I've never been much interested in the Arias. I don't listen to a lot of our music, and is it just me are the same things nominated in every. bloody. category.

And I hate that Pink song.

You don't like Hamish and Andy?!?! :ohmy: Or just their hosting capabilities?

To be honest, I've never been much interested in the Arias. I don't listen to a lot of our music, and is it just me are the same things nominated in every. bloody. category.

And I hate that Pink song.

They're just not funny. Sorry, little Danny. :(

Yeah, I never give a damn about it, but it's on, so I thought I'd give it a bash. Haven't watched in full since 98 or something, when Paul McDermott hosted. That wasn't too popular, he fucked it up a bit if I recall correctly.

I hate Pink. :happy:

They're just not funny. Sorry, little Danny. :(

Yeah, I never give a damn about it, but it's on, so I thought I'd give it a bash. Haven't watched in full since 98 or something, when Paul McDermott hosted. That wasn't too popular, he fucked it up a bit if I recall correctly.

I hate Pink. :happy:

Damn :( You must be immune to the bug. I think they're a liiiiitle overrated, but still quite good. Do you watch them on rove?

Paul McDermott :love: (not gay is he? :reject: ) I'd love to see videos of him screwing it up. I remember Wendy Harmes or whatever her name is screwing up like the logies or something.

:) I saw the landmower thing.

Gabbi and Presets cleaned up hopefully, I hope Kylie got a gong for X. The rest can go and shove it. Australia needs a new Eskimo Joe album.

Does anyone remember The Cat Empire? They made that incredibly stupid song "Hello," but I kinda dig 'em :reject:

Clearly I do not listen to nearly enough Australian music.

Does anyone remember The Cat Empire? They made that incredibly stupid song "Hello," but I kinda dig 'em :reject:

My kids have been listening to Cat Empire for a couple years now and they like em too. They like Cities and The Cat Empire (1st?) album.

I watched about 10 minutes of the Arias, which included Pink driving the lawnmower on stage. And Gabriella Cilmi winning her 467974647970th Aria. The lawnmover made me laugh. And if I never hear Sweet About Me again it will be too soon. :mad:

And include me in the "I don't get Hamish and Andy" group, tho' if I were a supermodel I'd rather shag Andy than Hamish. Though if I were a supermodel I'd be shagging mega rock stars rather than Andy.... And I prob wouldn't be on Interference talking about Hamish and Andy.....

Damn :( You must be immune to the bug. I think they're a liiiiitle overrated, but still quite good. Do you watch them on rove?

Paul McDermott :love: (not gay is he? :reject: ) I'd love to see videos of him screwing it up. I remember Wendy Harmes or whatever her name is screwing up like the logies or something.

:) I saw the landmower thing.

I can't stand pretty much any comedian affiliated with Rove. Probably missing someone half-decent by generalizing like that, but in general Hamish and Andy are pretty good examples of why most Australian comedy sucks right now. Anyone could be doing the shtick and jokes they do. :crack:

Paul is way not gay, and I think that isn't the first time you've asked me that. :lol: Yeah, that Arias was a mess. It was when Nat Imbruglia cleaned up for the first time, got like eight or something? More than Cimli at least, I think. But I think that was still back when Good News Week was on the ABC, so he wasn't particularly mainstream - it may have explained the bad reception.

I usually like Hamish and Andy but didn't think much of their hosting stint.

I like Gabriella Cilmi but god does she really draaawwss oouuuuut the words when she speaks, :huh: And her brashness feels like she's trying to overcompensate too much. Oh well, she's only 17.

Pink looks and acts more and more like a bloody cartoon and her new song stinks, :yuck:

Presets guys look like a couple of accountants when they're not wearing silly masks but I thought they gave the most entertaining performance of the night, :up:

Cat Empire are actually so much better than that Hello song. The Chariot, Two Shoes, Misere, No Longer There (fair hit down under last year) are top tunes.

Hamish is a particularly nice guy, quite down to earth and genuine....

Good to see Presets win a few, damn their songs have some real bite to them. This Boy's In Love :drool:

The Cat Empire are all levels of greatness. All their songs are as brilliant as 'Hello'.
:love:

Paul McDermott is a complete dick and I cannot stand him. Nothing valuable to add here, just wanted to say it.

Cat Empire are actually so much better than that Hello song. The Chariot, Two Shoes, Misere, No Longer There (fair hit down under last year) are top tunes.

Hamish is a particularly nice guy, quite down to earth and genuine....

Good to see Presets win a few, damn their songs have some real bite to them. This Boy's In Love :drool:

The Chariot is probably one of their best songs ever.

I remember that song. It was pretty cool. All jazzy and stuff.

Presets won album of the year. I think one of them was way coky when they were doing their thanks.

Good to see, but this is a great example of the state of Australian music in my opinion. They aren't that great, The Presets, but we don't have a lot of depth here musically and so they reap.

I can't stand pretty much any comedian affiliated with Rove. Probably missing someone half-decent by generalizing like that, but in general Hamish and Andy are pretty good examples of why most Australian comedy sucks right now. Anyone could be doing the shtick and jokes they do. :crack:

Paul is way not gay, and I think that isn't the first time you've asked me that. :lol: Yeah, that Arias was a mess. It was when Nat Imbruglia cleaned up for the first time, got like eight or something? More than Cimli at least, I think. But I think that was still back when Good News Week was on the ABC, so he wasn't particularly mainstream - it may have explained the bad reception.

You know, I do love watching Rove. Great way to chillax on Sunday night, with Hamish & Andy, Things We Love, Tom Petrovski at Commsec, and so on, but I can see where you're coming from. The humour isn't highlarious, it's pretty basic, it's jsut that the commedians are all popular and have their own thing. Peter Helliar is nowhere near as funny as everyone reckons, and neither is Ryan Shleton, who personally I think is about as funny as my doorknob.

Yes I know :lol: but people have kept saying he is, and I wasn't all there. Just want to get me facts right. I think he's just dandy.

You know, I do love watching Rove. Great way to chillax on Sunday night, with Hamish & Andy, Things We Love, Tom Petrovski at Commsec, and so on, but I can see where you're coming from. The humour isn't highlarious, it's pretty basic, it's jsut that the commedians are all popular and have their own thing. Peter Helliar is nowhere near as funny as everyone reckons, and neither is Ryan Shleton, who personally I think is about as funny as my doorknob.

Sometimes Hamish and Andy are pure gold, same with Pete, I think I like Pete more than those too, but Ryan Shelton, is very not funny.

Pete Hellier is just a dumbarse, with his bullshit Strauchanie character. Gee, how long did it take him to figure that up. A dumb Collingwood bogan who plays footy and is just crap.

He keeps bringing him up on the morning show on MMM. Such a wank, Myf is cool, but Hellier is just useless.

A huge variety of opinion in this thread!

Rove - I like but uses too much simple humour and gets cheap laughs
Hamish & Andy - Very much like because of the stunts etc that they do, I find them inventive and funny, Hamish (a la most people) more so than Andy
Dave Hughes - I know some don't like him but I reckon his 'rants' are hilarious sometimes
Ryan Shelton - Just not funny

I'm so glad that Gabriella Cilmi took away most of the awards, shes a gem! :up:

The Presets where quite entertaining.

Why the bloody hell was pink playing? Why is she even in Australia??

Wow, I'm Australian and the Arias quite passed me by. Did Farnsey win anything this year? Damn.

Oh well. I'm gonna keep on rockin' till the broad daylight.

No doubt the Presets will be keeping it jiggy for their 'people' down at the HR Block office.

^ :lol: at first I thought it was funny, but then after winning award after award. I was like "Oohhhhh Myyyy Goooooooodd!"

I also drove me insane because half the time I don't think she knew what the award was actually for, and she would just start thanking random people.

The Presets and Gabriella Cilmi deserved to win that many awards, Faker are alright but their lyrics are incredibly cheesy, The Veronicas are horrible imo every song they release as a single is worse and worse than the previous one. And screw Pink. :wink:

I was astonished at how cheesy their songwriting is, on par with Miley Cyrus' songs songwriting. :down:

A huge variety of opinion in this thread!

Rove - I like but uses too much simple humour and gets cheap laughs
Hamish & Andy - Very much like because of the stunts etc that they do, I find them inventive and funny, Hamish (a la most people) more so than Andy
Dave Hughes - I know some don't like him but I reckon his 'rants' are hilarious sometimes
Ryan Shelton - Just not funny

I think we can safely say "commercial" = "bland", if it's on commercial tv or radio, it's gonna be more crap than good :wink:

And seriously if Cilmi and Presets are the best that Aussie music has to offer :huh: Probably a reason I haven't bought any Aussie music lately and that the next CD I buy will be You Am I. Hey both Tim and I might be totally out of touch old farts, but he rocks, and can write an eloquent lyric :drool:

Back
Top Bottom