Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best way to see Arcade Fire multiple times in a tour is to space out the shows - like those U2 guys their show variations evolve over time rather than switched up every night. That said, I see them two nights in a row next weekend. :D But, it will have been five months since I saw them in Bridgeport, which was five months after I saw the secret Brooklyn show so I do expect it to feel fresh again even though it's still focused on Reflektor.

Best way to see Arcade Fire multiple times in a tour is to space out the shows - like those U2 guys their show variations evolve over time rather than switched up every night. That said, I see them two nights in a row next weekend. :D But, it will have been five months since I saw them in Bridgeport, which was five months after I saw the secret Brooklyn show so I do expect it to feel fresh again even though it's still focused on Reflektor.

:up:

totally agree..

I am doing 3 shows in one week. DC show, and 2 Brooklyn shows. Also, saw the philly show a few months ago so it will be cool to see how the show has evolved.

So, those feathers hopping in and out of the frame at the start and throughout belong to me (or rather the party mask I was wearing). I was almost certain they would do a Fugazi cover and super pumped to hear 'Waiting Room.' And it was actually a pretty solid rendition! Of course 90% of the crowd had no clue what the song was and should be ashamed to call themselves DC residents.

Can't wait for this tour to end so every outlet will stop posting a "news" item for every single inconsequential cover they play.

So, those feathers hopping in and out of the frame at the start and throughout belong to me (or rather the party mask I was wearing). I was almost certain they would do a Fugazi cover and super pumped to hear 'Waiting Room.' And it was actually a pretty solid rendition! Of course 90% of the crowd had no clue what the song was and should be ashamed to call themselves DC residents.

:up::up:

I was back at the soundboard as I had no earplugs, could of been on the right side rail.. :( However the soundboard was like half way /middle of the floor so even that wasn't bad. Besides.. got to see Regine up front and center for "it's never over".

They didn't do an actual cover at The Gorge. The Reflektors came out and mimed part of Temple of the Dog's Hunger Strike (meh, yawn, etc), and Win threw in a few snippets of Smells Like Teen Spirit earlier in the show.

I FEEL SO CHEATED RIGHT NOW.

For the Brooklyn shows, LCD Soundsystem cover with special guest James Murphy? One can dream. It's not like that guy is doing anything right now . . .

They didn't do an actual cover at The Gorge. The Reflektors came out and mimed part of Temple of the Dog's Hunger Strike (meh, yawn, etc), and Win threw in a few snippets of Smells Like Teen Spirit earlier in the show.

I FEEL SO CHEATED RIGHT NOW.
Same here. They played Ca Plane Pour Moi on tape before the encore but that was it.

Well, the tour is over. I managed to get front row, very near the centre.

It was a fantastic show, with the hometown crowd feeding off the band's energy and vice versa. The regional cover was Wolf Parade's I'll Believe in Anything.

It still bothers me that they haven't played Awful Sound at all, but other than that I have no complaints.

I listen to the Suburbs once every couple of years and am reminded why I consider it the only Arcade Fire album on the same level as Funeral. It's so skillfully constructed and lovingly written. Rococo should have been dragged to the recycle bin instead of the album folder though.

I was able to use the bathroom and buy another beer when Rococo came up in the setlist in Philly last year, so that worked out well.

So I saw this in theaters tonight. My review: don't see The Reflektor Tapes.

It easily takes all the worst aspects of Arcade Fire and amplifies them until it takes over the entire film. No rhyme or reason or thematic cohesion found in the entire movie, which was only 75 minutes but felt like it lasted forever.

The worst part? Not one complete song performance in the film. Every track was either intentionally mixed poorly to drop out the vocals/guitar/other instruments; OR the film would cut to something else just as the track was about to kick in (such as the first verse of Rebellion (Lies) or the chorus of Normal Person).

It's a shame. I really like Reflektor and this film does nothing to showcase the creative process behind it or the tour.

So I saw this in theaters tonight. My review: don't see The Reflektor Tapes.

It easily takes all the worst aspects of Arcade Fire and amplifies them until it takes over the entire film. No rhyme or reason or thematic cohesion found in the entire movie, which was only 75 minutes but felt like it lasted forever.

The worst part? Not one complete song performance in the film. Every track was either intentionally mixed poorly to drop out the vocals/guitar/other instruments; OR the film would cut to something else just as the track was about to kick in (such as the first verse of Rebellion (Lies) or the chorus of Normal Person).

It's a shame. I really like Reflektor and this film does nothing to showcase the creative process behind it or the tour.

I saw it last night, too, and I agree almost word for word here.

It helped, though, that I had low expectations to begin with. Still, it was not a very good film by any stretch.

Back
Top Bottom