Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Y'alls hatred for mumford and sons makes me sad :(.

But 3 Chicago shows with The National? Must resist..all...three....

Moon is so all over the place in regards to his actual work output, I'm not sure if I love or hate him.

Just home from the LA show. Wow, just wow. I had to work this morning, so I showed up at the venue, the Ukrainian Cultural Center (no really) just hoping. The security folks didn't shoo us away, so I was hopeful. Right at 9, they started to let us in. I got in just as the band hit the stage.

This was my first show and I am completely in love. They were great, and the new stuff was really, really good. The crowd was as good a crowd as I've seen in LA. Singing, dancing, clapping and bouncing the entire time.

Opened with Month of May which I really love live. All of the songs were great live, but for me the highlights included Wake Up where the crowd just went nuts, Intervention, and Ready to Start and Sprawl II (closer).

I still can't quite believe, I made it in. I can't wait to see them live again. I hope they make it back to SoCal (other than Coachella) this year.

Just home from the LA show. Wow, just wow. I had to work this morning, so I showed up at the venue, the Ukrainian Cultural Center (no really) just hoping. The security folks didn't shoo us away, so I was hopeful. Right at 9, they started to let us in. I got in just as the band hit the stage.

This was my first show and I am completely in love. They were great, and the new stuff was really, really good. The crowd was as good a crowd as I've seen in LA. Singing, dancing, clapping and bouncing the entire time.

Opened with Month of May which I really love live. All of the songs were great live, but for me the highlights included Wake Up where the crowd just went nuts, Intervention, and Ready to Start and Sprawl II (closer).

I still can't quite believe, I made it in. I can't wait to see them live again. I hope they make it back to SoCal (other than Coachella) this year.
:hyper:
so glad you got in.. I so wanted you to experience it.. Their music and live shows just take you to another place.. And yeah, Wake Up brings the house down.. Just love it all.:heart:

According to MTV News, Arcade Fire miiiiiight be planning something for 2011:
Are The Arcade Fire Prepping A New Album? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV
This is still entirely a rumor, of course, but the spokesperson didn't deny anything: in fact, they said that "nothing [is] confirmed yet". (Emphasis mine.)
EDIT: Here's a scan of the trade mag where the rumor originated:
2c8a7ad2.jpg

The smile on Win's face as they were playing Ready to Start was awesome

This.

They all looked overjoyed.

I am elated. I am over the moon. When their name was announced, I literally jumped up and down and bounced all around my apartment and most likely woke up the entire building. I am in love. My heart is still racing. I love this band so much.

And the cherry on top? The shout out and appreciation for my hometown, the beautiful, the wonderful, the incomparable, Montreal.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

This.

They all looked overjoyed.

I am elated. I am over the moon. When their name was announced, I literally jumped up and down and bounced all around my apartment and most likely woke up the entire building. I am in love. My heart is still racing. I love this band so much.

And the cherry on top? The shout out and appreciation for my hometown, the beautiful, the wonderful, the incomparable, Montreal.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

yeah.... I was closing my eyes real tight praying like crazy when they were about to announce the winner. And I flipped out when they called it.. did as you and jumped up and down like crazy in my basement..

All I have to say was the smile on Win's face spoke volumes! They deserved it so much! The album is a great one.

It's always sad to see how many people somehow think popularity and mainstream air time actually have something to do with the quality of music.

Though in all of the people on that link's defense, I'm sure if an indie band won over U2, there would be hundreds of posts that read exactly like the updates on that link in Everything You Know is Wrong.

It's always sad to see how many people somehow think popularity and mainstream air time actually have something to do with the quality of music.

Though in all of the people on that link's defense, I'm sure if an indie band won over U2, there would be hundreds of posts that read exactly like the updates on that link in Everything You Know is Wrong.

Perhaps. I'm sure it was like this when the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack won over ATYCLB in 2002.

Dylan deserved the Grammy that year, not Shuttlecock. If he hasn't won so recently for Time Out Of Mind, you can bet he would have won that night.

It is odd that SC wasn't able to benefit from the two roots-oriented albums competing.

Back
Top Bottom