Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Empty Room sounds like it could be MBV.

What is the song that the Half Life II verse sounds just it was stolen from? It's driving me nuts.

Social Distortion:

Well I've searched and I've searched
To find the perfect life
A brand new car and a brand new suit
I even got me a little wife
But wherever I have gone
I was sure to find myself there
You can run all your life
But not go anywhere

Social Distortion:

Well I've searched and I've searched
To find the perfect life
A brand new car and a brand new suit
I even got me a little wife
But wherever I have gone
I was sure to find myself there
You can run all your life
But not go anywhere

Thank you! That's it.

You know, I don't know that I've noticed this before, but you are a damn handsome man.

wow, the last two posts had me confused for much longer than they should have

derp derp derp

So I just got back from the Arcade Fire show and it was a motherfucking amazing performance, as is becoming the norm every time I see them (last night was the seventh).

I arrived in the GA line early in the morning and found that I was there with one other guy. Turns out this guy is a huge U2 fan and I happened to recall him giving me my GA line number at the Vancouver show last October.

We bumped into a guy wearing a Calexico pass, and we asked if the door he was standing in front of was where we should queue up. He said he didn't know. I asked him if he was a member of the band crew.* "Uh....yeah," he said with a smile."

The line consisted of us two most of the day, until 3 p.m. when more people starting showing up. It turns out we were all in various places in the Vancouver U2 GA line. So to pass the time we talked about the band, the latest setlist changes, and what we thought of the new Mercy. It seems I can't escape that anywhere.

Once I got in, I managed to get front row, dead centre. It's right where Win steps out into the crowd, and he did this quite often.

The show started off with a bang and didn't really let up. By the end of the fifth song, Sprawl II, I was drenched in sweat, that's how much I was jumping, dancing, and singing. It was fantastic.

One of my favourite moments was when they played
Ocean of Noise, which I had not heard in Montreal in July. I forgot how much I loved that song, and the horn section from Calexico came on to play at the end of the song.

The staple of Power Out ---> Rebellion was fanfuckingtastic as usual.

At the end of the show, Richard jumped off stage to shake the hands of about 4 or 5 of us, but one young guy to my right who was beyond enthusiastic. Richard gave him a drumstick, he shook my hand telling me it was awesome to see my enthusiasm. He pointed to us quite a bit during the show.

I really liked Calexico as an opener, too. They engaged well with the crowd and the fans seemed, for the most part, appreciative of their effort (except for two hipster douches behind me who literally were, as Win sings, standing there "with their arms folded tight").

*Oh and that crew member I spoke to in the morning? Yeah, he was the lead singer of Calexico.

I have two of their CDs that I like well enough, but I'm a little ambivalent. But I will go hear them, rather than showing up late, and perhaps I will come away feeling less ambivalent.

So I just got back from the Arcade Fire show and it was a motherfucking amazing performance, as is becoming the norm every time I see them (last night was the seventh).

I arrived in the GA line early in the morning and found that I was there with one other guy. Turns out this guy is a huge U2 fan and I happened to recall him giving me my GA line number at the Vancouver show last October.

We bumped into a guy wearing a Calexico pass, and we asked if the door he was standing in front of was where we should queue up. He said he didn't know. I asked him if he was a member of the band crew.* "Uh....yeah," he said with a smile."

The line consisted of us two most of the day, until 3 p.m. when more people starting showing up. It turns out we were all in various places in the Vancouver U2 GA line. So to pass the time we talked about the band, the latest setlist changes, and what we thought of the new Mercy. It seems I can't escape that anywhere.

Once I got in, I managed to get front row, dead centre. It's right where Win steps out into the crowd, and he did this quite often.

The show started off with a bang and didn't really let up. By the end of the fifth song, Sprawl II, I was drenched in sweat, that's how much I was jumping, dancing, and singing. It was fantastic.

One of my favourite moments was when they played
Ocean of Noise, which I had not heard in Montreal in July. I forgot how much I loved that song, and the horn section from Calexico came on to play at the end of the song.

The staple of Power Out ---> Rebellion was fanfuckingtastic as usual.

At the end of the show, Richard jumped off stage to shake the hands of about 4 or 5 of us, but one young guy to my right who was beyond enthusiastic. Richard gave him a drumstick, he shook my hand telling me it was awesome to see my enthusiasm. He pointed to us quite a bit during the show.

I really liked Calexico as an opener, too. They engaged well with the crowd and the fans seemed, for the most part, appreciative of their effort (except for two hipster douches behind me who literally were, as Win sings, standing there "with their arms folded tight").

*Oh and that crew member I spoke to in the morning? Yeah, he was the lead singer of Calexico.

this is so awesome BoMac! :applaud: glad you had a fantastic time. And you got that song! Woot.. love it too..

of course, I would just love to see them again.:heart:

OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING

ASF;ASD9TOWAEISFAXDLKFHAS'ERD9TGUAESF

I heard everything I wanted to hear. Was about 10 rows back, right in the thick of things. Nice to do that for a change, even though I had people's heads in my way all night. Met up with my friend, so I had someone to hang with.

AMAZING.

Oh, I really enjoyed Calexico.

OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING

ASF;ASD9TOWAEISFAXDLKFHAS'ERD9TGUAESF

I heard everything I wanted to hear. Was about 10 rows back, right in the thick of things. Nice to do that for a change, even though I had people's heads in my way all night. Met up with my friend, so I had someone to hang with.

AMAZING.

Oh, I really enjoyed Calexico.

woot!:hyper::applaud:

:up:

How many people do you reckon were in the Key Arena, Alicia?

No idea - there were whole sections blocked off. Not sure if those tickets remained unsold, or they didn't even put them on sale. The entire upper level was blocked off, as well as the section directly across from the stage.

From the little I could see on my spot of the floor, the GA section was not full - maybe about half the floor?

Win seemed thrilled with the amount of noise and excitement there was, though. And he commented that last time they'd come through, they played smaller places, so they wanted to play somewhere big enough so everyone could come.

Last time, in 2007, they played a basketball court type place on the university campus. It was definitely smaller than Key Arena, but I'd be surprised if there were more people at the Key last night than at that 2007 show.

We got Ocean of Noise at this show as well, with Calexico's horn players at the end. Very cool. They played everything I hoped to hear. Was just amazing. I wish I could bottle that excitement of Tunnels, Power Out/Rebellion and Wake Up. Just so great.

According to Setlist FM, this was Cori's setlist.

Ready to Start
Month of May
Keep the Car Running
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
No Cars Go
Haïti
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Modern Man
Rococo
The Suburbs
The Suburbs (Continued)
Ocean of Noise (With Calexico)
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
We Used to Wait
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
Rebellion (Lies)

Intervention
Wake Up

My wife ended up staying home, so I went it alone in Vancouver. Once AF took the stage, I didn't feel like such a loner any more. What a great show!

Switch out Ocean of Noise with Suburban War and Vancouver had the same songs as Seattle, just in a different order. I noticed that Van and Seattle got one less song in the setlist based on this leg. A little under the weather maybe? I couldn't tell.

By the way, this was my first AF show. They certainly live up to all the hype as being one of the best live acts today. I was front center on the floor, maybe 8-10 rows deep.

This is the album of the year for me. Absolutely love this stuff. :up:

The old Pacific Coliseum. A 3/4 setting nearly packed full. Maybe close to 12,000. The Canucks were playing in Rogers (used to be called GM Place). The sound was great on the floor, but I imagine it wasn't so in the seats.

Cori, at any point did you feel like you were just pretending to enjoy the concert, so as to look cool?

Cori, at any point did you feel like you were just pretending to enjoy the concert, so as to look cool?

Oh, totally. I faked the whole thing. :shh:

And, more importantly, did you sing along?

Okay, that part I didn't fake. I sang the shit out of those songs. But so was almost everyone around me. It was glooooooorious, darling.

I'm a little hoarse today.

Oh, and also I jumped up and down a lot. The guy next to me and I jumped in tandem, arms pressed together, to help each other keep our balance. :lol:

Oh, totally. I faked the whole thing. :shh:

Everyone around you wanted what you were having.

BTW, so jealous of you for Ocean Of Noise. :grumpy: I heard it on the Neon Bible tour, but it would have made the Lolla gig perfect, as opposed to merely the best show I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom