Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
15 dollars to ship the album if I preorder through their website? Fuck that.

You can use a mouse, too (which is what I did).

I thought the video was great, and was nice to hear a high quality version of the song. I'm liking it more with each listen (and I've already listened to it a lot).

They're behind one of my favorite music experiences of all time (the wilderness downtown), I want to do this the right way.

Between paying list price, high shipping and tax, I reckon I spent $22-23 more for pre-ordering that I would've if I just went via Amazon. But, for that first crack at tickets...

With the size of venues they'll be playing, you'll be able to score a great seat in another presale or the general sale. Absolutely no sense preordering this from them if there's no exclusive variant. Maybe Merge will put something together, and they've got free shipping.

I agree. It wasn't difficult to get tickets for their MSG show last time. I might consider preordering the digital to get access to tickets if the LP doesn't come with download codes, but I will likely pass and wait for better deals.

The $uburbs, amirite?

Soooooooooooo.

Not feeling it. :(

And, let me be clear: I LOVE this band; as far as current, more modern bands go they are top 5 for me. Saw them in Chicago a few years ago and was blown away, etc....love all 3 of their albums. So, trust me, I very much want to love this song/new album. And, I make a lot of James Murphy jokes re: length of songs but I am an unabashed lover of Sound of Silver so it's not like I'm a hater.

I like that they're doing something different, even if it's just the one song, and Bowie floating on in is amazing....but I can't say that I really liked it. Maybe I will enjoy it better within the context of the album. I hope that is the case.

Sorry guys.

I dunno...each go round they get bigger... And I live in NYC where demand is always higher, plus people (probably wrongly) will be looking for a Bowie surprise appearance!

For me it's €6. Still a lot. Not sure what I'm going to do. Pre-sale would be nice with their growing popularity.

Preorder is up through Merge if free US shipping revs yer engine. Going through them usually gets you the album several days early as well: Merge Records Store

They've also got the 12" up, limited to 500 copies through the web store.

Preorder is up through Merge if free US shipping revs yer engine. Going through them usually gets you the album several days early as well: Merge Records Store

They've also got the 12" up, limited to 500 copies through the web store.

Thanks. Saved more than 10 dollars going through Merge.

Dig the song, but that's one of the worst videos... like so so bad.

Yeah - very creepy video - I felt like I was watching a mashup of "Mama" and "Schindler's List"

The song is also very strange. It almost seems they are going for the electronica-disco-rock vibe of U2's Pop.

I do recall an inordinate amount of giant paper mache head masks in Spielberg's oeuvre. What's up with that guy?

Back
Top Bottom