Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm assuming the characters in the song aren't actually talking about the doggy in space, because wouldn't they then be saying "our mother shoulda just called you Laika .... because like that Russian dog, they shot you into space, where you died, so RIP, brother Alexander"?

I mean, that seems unlikely.

Well, I'm assuming the characters in the song aren't actually talking about the doggy in space, because wouldn't they then be saying "our mother shoulda just called you Laika .... because like that Russian dog, they shot you into space, where you died, so RIP, brother Alexander"?

Comrade Alexander.

Setting off on a big adventure and never returning. I'm about 95% sure they're referencing the dog Laika. It's just a metaphor. I can't think of any other famous Laikas worth referencing.
And if Alexander is the Into the Wild guy (pretty sure that's true as well), then the parallel between his story and Laika the dog's are fairly evident

I don't owe you shit, turkey.

But I honestly had no idea about the Alexander/Into the Wild connection. That's really cool.

That's a post/reaction I'll never forget. Unreal.

Count me as one of the excited for this, despite James Murphy saying after every song "Good stuff guys, let's tack on another 3:00 and it'll be perfect".

Just in time for Halloween, a holiday where you pretend to be something you're not.

Back
Top Bottom