Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of months back I read an oral history of The Replacements called All Over But The Shouting. Really good book. Anyway, in it there were several references to a popular Minneapolis rock band called The Suburbs. Apparently they were a big deal and were kings of the scene until Husker Du and The Replacements came and kicked everybody's ass.

I smiled every time they were mentioned in the book because, shit, that's the answer to the question! "Who the fuck are The Suburbs?" Well, they were a popular rock band in Minnesota in the '80s!

Just thought it was kinda funny that there actually is a band called The Suburbs. Adds another layer to that whole ridiculous Twitter thing after the Grammys.

Why would the world need an Arcade Fire album when Carly Rae Jepsen's debut will be out this fall?

They try to chase meeeeeeeeeeee

:drool:

That clip was recorded in March??? I'm amazed that it took this many months to come out on the net.

Song is poppy. While it's not the direction I'd like Arcade Fire to go in, it sounds good.

Sprawl II is an example of why I don't like this band as much as the rest of you are pretending to. It's good, great even, but I just get nowhere near as much out of it as y'all seem to.

I'd kill to see them live though.

Arcade Fire Premiere New Music at Secret Show | News | Pitchfork

The Arcade Fire fan community Arcade Fire Tube points out that the band played a secret show at Breakglass Studios in their native Montreal this weekend, where they debuted some new material from their forthcoming album.
The Vine reports that approximately 100 guests-- who agreed to a no phone/video/photo policy-- were treated to a few new Arcade Fire songs, described as heavily percussive, long, and "fun, dancy-y and groovy". The band performed under the pseudonym Les Identiks (as pictured on the show poster, above).
There's no date or timeframe set for the new record, but it seems as though it'll be out late next year.

a7d8e563.jpg

I thought the same thing, laz.

Also, if they're out doing secret shows and performing new songs already, I'm going to guess that the album will be out sooner than "late next year."

Just a hunch.

They have been solidly consistent in doing an album every three years, as all signs are pointing to LP4 coming out in 2013.

Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying. Album in 2013, definitely, but I just have a feeling that it will be out sooner than "late" 2013.

Neon Bible - March 2007
Suburbs - August 2010

I'll split the middle and put down a prediction for May/June 2013 for LP4.

And the album will be titled We Hope That The Creepy Habs Fan Stops Following Us Around All The Time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom