Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be even more awesome if you wrote articles and reviews for the same website and expected people to read them and take your opinions seriously after that.

My favorite:

tumblr_lgn96qggdq1qh8gp5o1_500.png

Not being Eminem is Canada's least significant failure.

Gaga's Fame Monster, Eminem's Recovery, and The Suburbs were all in my top albums of last year, so I would've been happy with any of them. However, it was my number one, and I think it's Arcade Fire's best work yet. I am absolutely thrilled they won. And while I loved the performance, I don't think it was the best choice to introduce them to an audience of millions who had never heard of them. I wish they would've done "Ready to Start" first.

And while I loved the performance, I don't think it was the best choice to introduce them to an audience of millions who had never heard of them. I wish they would've done "Ready to Start" first.
Yeah. Personally, I think "Sprawl II" would have been the best choice for the Grammy audience...it doesn't really showcase their usual style, but neither does "Month Of May".

I cannot pick out one song by them that I don't love, but Sprawl II is one of their best songs to date, and I think it's one that had a much better chance of convincing a huge portion of the audience that didn't know them to check out their catalog.

I don't know. Sometimes Regine has been known to...how do I put this delicately...sound like shit in a live setting. It was probably best that Win take lead vocals for the Grammy performances. Don't get me wrong, I love Bellatrix LeChassagne but, yeah.

I actually thought the Month of May performance was pretty cool. The bicyclists were unnecessary, but other than that I thought it went off pretty well. It had my toes tappin', as the kids used to say.

Month of May had a really shitty mix.

I would have done Sprawl II if Regine's vocals were there that day. Best song on the album. Ready to Start was also a good choice.

I don't know. Sometimes Regine has been known to...how do I put this delicately...sound like shit in a live setting. It was probably best that Win take lead vocals for the Grammy performances. Don't get me wrong, I love Bellatrix LeChassagne but, yeah.

I actually thought the Month of May performance was pretty cool. The bicyclists were unnecessary, but other than that I thought it went off pretty well. It had my toes tappin', as the kids used to say.

Really? Admittedly, I've listened to the albums far more than I've watched live performances, but in the ones I have seen, I've always thought she sounded great. I guess I just haven't seen enough yet.

So, I'm really the only one here who finds The Suburbs their best album to date? Neon Bible is my personal favorite, but I think the former is their most consistent. Funeral is brilliant and an amazing debut, but I find it the weakest overall. *ducks for cover*

I'd say I'm probably:

1. Funeral
2. The Suburbs
3. Neon Bible

But it's close. There are a couple tracks on each album I'm not a fan of.

Back
Top Bottom