Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dylan deserved the Grammy that year, not Shuttlecock. If he hasn't won so recently for Time Out Of Mind, you can bet he would have won that night.

It is odd that SC wasn't able to benefit from the two roots-oriented albums competing.

Oh, I agree. I was just responding to uspopmofo's comment about U2 fans. :wink:

The fact that any of those 3 "albums" were even nominated is a joke in and of itself. The Grammys are so out of touch, I'm always surprised to see actual music fans even mention them. Always seems to just be thrown out there as some sort of justification over a release that actual music fans like, which seems entirely unnecessary when the vast majority of the rest of the awards went to complete garbage.

tumblr_lglpjySKBO1qh8gp5o1_1280.png

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The fact that any of those 3 "albums" were even nominated is a joke in and of itself. The Grammys are so out of touch, I'm always surprised to see actual music fans even mention them. Always seems to just be thrown out there as some sort of justification over a release that actual music fans like, which seems entirely unnecessary when the vast majority of the rest of the awards went to complete garbage.

Tell us how you really feel.

Head over to stereogum. You'll find some great stuff.

KROQ sessions of Month of May and Ready to Start with video and mp3 links.

Also, fthere is a fantastic "Sprawl of Glass" (Arcade Fire/Blondie mashup). Love it.

I swear, that tumblelog is like the Arcade Fire version of the "Stupid YouTube Comments" thread over on EYKIW.
Dear Everyone On Twitter And Facebook: The BAND is Arcade Fire, the ALBUM is The Suburbs. They promoted "the first-ever Grammy performance of Arcade Fire" at least five times before commercial breaks. Not "The Suburbs". "Arcade Fire". Get it right.

Haha the internet is populated by the most intelligent people, I'd say most of them thought the name of the band was The Suburbs. FYI people, everyone can see what you're writing, and chances are that if you have access to Twitter you have even easier access to Google, surf before you tweet. That should be a good hashtag, #surfbeforeyoutweet.

Also, not that I don't see a lot of merit in The Suburbs, but you gotta love how The Black Keys can beat AF for Best Alternative Album and yet were not nominated alongside the winners of ATOY.

Maybe, but logically if it's good enough to win ATOY in people's minds it should also win the niche categories it's in. Not that I'm complaining as I like Brothers more.

Maybe, but logically if it's good enough to win ATOY in people's minds it should also win the niche categories it's in.

This.

Though what laz said earlier about the other nominees in AOTY splitting votes allowing Arcade Fire the win has some merit. But by that logic, if Brothers was in the running for AOTY, they would've won

Yeah, one of the people who writes reviews for the front page.

I've always found it strange how few of those people actually interact on the forums, which sorta defeats the entire point doesn't it? Then again, if they all acted like we experienced with The Suburbs, it's probably for the best.

Here is the post in question:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f287/arcade-fire-new-stuff-2010-a-206083-53.html#post6884832

Even got busted by a mod for it.

Haha, I forgot I wrote a song about the "incident":

SNARK II (MOLEHILLS BEYOND MOUNTAINS)

I heard Win singing and I just had to stop
Skip these pretentious songs and just start to mock
These days my life, I feel it has no purpose
I'd rather be an intellectual tortoise

On hater indie sites the critics' knives shine
They're calling at me, come agree with your kind
Sometimes I wonder if my taste missed the mark
Oh can I ever get away from the snark?
Living with the snark
Shots in the dark rise like molehills beyond mountains
And there's no point in sight
I need more backup, someone rationalize

We took our copies to the used CD store
And told the cashier The Suburbs was a bore
We shield our eyes from the indie kid's glare
We run away, but we don't know where

On Pitchfork river, the new review shines
They're screaming at us, we don't pay them no mind
Sometimes I wonder if my taste missed the mark
Oh will I ever get away from the snark?
Living with the snark

They saw me posting and they told me to stop
Quit these obnoxious thoughts, this album's no flop
Sometimes I wonder if my head's in the dark
Why can't I ever get away from the snark?
Living with the snark

Really? I feel like I should have tried to put "cock" in there somewhere, like instead of "mock" or "clock".

I think I'm just hung up on the inspired rhyming of purpose and tortoise, especially given the context of the 'incident.'

It'd be pretty awesome to be so small-minded that I could easily dismiss people who like something I don't as pretending to like it. I wouldn't have to trouble myself with complicated issues. Life would be so simple.

Back
Top Bottom