Any fans of Guster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
Thread title is self-explanatory.

My brother has seen them play a couple times and he told me they have excellent stage performance.

So I'm just curious. I'd love to see them play one day. I love their music.

Discuss?

Yeah. All the albums are good. I wish they stuck with the acoustic sound sometimes though.

Has anyone heard their song 'Demons'? I'm pretty sure it's a cover, but they make it sound good. :up:
Their voices are so well harmonized.

i'm kind of bummed i never got to see them back when they didn't suck.

"center of attention" is a great song, though.

I think I heard a song by them called Parachutes, which someone accidentally sent me in the Coldplay album Parachutes instead of Coldplay's Parachutes. I preferred that song to the entire Coldplay album, so there's that.

im not a huge fan of their last album, but every album before that is great. lost and gone forever is a classic. you should check out guster on ice if you want to see how they are live.

btw u2's window in the skies videos actually shows a couple clips from the guster on ice dvd. thats pretty random.

I love Guster! Parachutes is my favorite album of theirs. :up: Lost and Gone Forever is not bad either.

Fa fa fa.

Amsterdam.

One Man Wrecking Machine. :drool:

Oh yes - much Guster love here. I saw them support (ahem) Maroon 5 years ago and they blew those whiny whitey soul wannabes off the stage.

I was introduced to Guster on the 'For The Kids' album. They had a song called 'We Gotta Be Clean'. Loved it. Saw them a couple years back. Put on a great show. Wonder where they are.

According to the studio blog on their website they are still slaving away on the new album and ditched a nearly completed one a whiles ago.

Sorry, despite their enthusiasm on stage, and the occasional catchy melody I just never got into them, they played at my school during my junior year and I think I left halfway through despite knowing most of what they were playing. They seem to try a lot of different ideas that don't jive a lot of the time for me. To each their own though, "Satellite" is ridiculously infectious though.

"Satellite" is ridiculously infectious though.

I freakin' LOVE that song :drool:. It is so good. Something about the music in it.

I've only heard a few songs by these guys-that one, "One-Man Wrecking Machine", "Rocketship", and "Demons". But those songs are all good, I like them. I'm particularly fond of "Rocketship", too.

Angela

I only own Lost and Gone Forever, but these guys have serious pop chops, and a good sense of humor to boot.

And if anyone really is into them, I've got a 2002 tour shirt I'd love to pass on. :D It's XL, fits me like a tent, and has been worn maybe two times. It says "Me Gusta Guster," which was witty enough for me at the time.

this, still.

i was about to make pretty much the identical comment i made when i first posted here, but decided since it's only 2 pages long i'd scroll back to see if i ever posted in this particular thread. i found that not only did i once, but i then agreed with my old opinion the last time it was bumped. that's still all i apparently have to say about the band. at least i'm consistent, i guess.

Back
Top Bottom