Andrew Bird seeming to be about as good as it gets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He sold out the Paramount already. I thought the tickets were expensive already, but now they're almost double in price. I'll just catch him at a festival again probably. He was excellent at ACL 07.

A Birdman show without whistling would be like a baseball game without a bat.

This is what I'm afraid of.

Whistling is an intolerable assault on my eardrums.

But maybe I'll check out the show...with earplugs.

Huh. I whistle almost non-stop. My daughter loves it.

That sort of behavior does not go over well with me. Ask any of my college roommates. I always ask people to stop. It's my one little thing. :shrug:

If you're whistling and wearing cologne, then it gets really ugly.

If I were to buy a ticket on my way home from work today, what record should I start with in order to arrive at the show a well-informed listener, and possibly a fan?

I started with Armchair and went back from there. It worked pretty well.

Rave reviews on Amazon except from one C. Olsen:

A "friend" of mine bought this album for me for my birthday. I will return the favor on her birthday and mail her a stale fruit cake.

:laugh:

That's why I never dare buy people music I "think" they'll enjoy as presents...

Tuesday, January 27:

CBS: Late Show With David Letterman: Andrew Bird

That's tonight, people.

So this Bird fucker sold out his show here before I got tickets. That's all fine and good, I thought they were too expensive anyway.

But he's doing a free in-store at Waterloo the day before. Yowza, count me in.

Between this, winning ACL VIP passes, and my reluctance to spend $42 dollars on a Death Cab ticket, I think you might on to something.

But I am paying $8 to see Shearwater Friday night. And I already paid $15 to see Broken Social Scene on Saturday. So get off my case. I'm a reasonable man.

Let's make a deal, if you pay for my plane ticket to come down, I'll cover Shearwater and BSS. I don't want to do the math, but I'm pretty sure that's an awesome deal.

I still haven't listened to Useless Creatures, but I thought Noble Beast was MUCH better than the Popmatters review made it out to be. I think they got a new set of writers, or have tried to become more objective, as their reviews have been surprisingly more negative than a lot of other sites so far this year.

I still didn't buy my ticket yet. The so-called ticket outlet turned out not to be a ticket outlet. :grumpy:

My show is still a full month off, so I haven't bought tickets. Hell, DeVotchKa is tomorrow, and I haven't bought tickets for that yet either.

I still haven't listened to Useless Creatures, but I thought Noble Beast was MUCH better than the Popmatters review made it out to be. I think they got a new set of writers, or have tried to become more objective, as their reviews have been surprisingly more negative than a lot of other sites so far this year.

From what I heard, Greg Kot sort of slammed it in his review last week in the Tribune, which is surprising, given how much Chicago loves AB. I usually hold off on reading reviews until I've lived with an album for awhile, so the only one I've read so far is Pitchfork's. The review there seemed to be better than the score they gave it, but Pitchfork always puzzles me.

The Allmusic review is extremely positive, and short, BIMM. You should check it out.

What did he/they play on Letterman?
violin.gif

Back
Top Bottom