Andrew Bird seeming to be about as good as it gets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just didn't click with me, and I never go back to it at all. Even the songs are a bit blurry for me at this point - only the standouts like Anonanimal stuck with me.

At the same time, I still go back to Armchairs quite often. It could be a sentimental factor, as it's the album that introduced me to Andrew Bird.

Everything sounds amazing live, though I admit I almost never listen to the records.

All I remember about Noble Beast is acoustic guitars and zzzzzzzz....What I loved most about Andrew Bird's music was the creative and occasionally unorthodox instrumentation he used, and he was still challenging himself somewhat on Armchair. If I have any complaint about Armchair, it's that his verbosity reached new heights.

Everything sounds amazing live, though I admit I almost never listen to the records.

Oh yeah, this is very true. I love how he deliberately builds the different layers of his songs through loops in the live show. It's pretty incredible that he manages to create such a complex sound in a solo concert, really.

Never really came around to Andrew Bird. What album would you suggest I start out with?

Break It Yourself leaked.

So far, this is about a trillion times more interesting to me than Noble Beast. Danse Carribe is pretty much Van Morrison's Madame George sped up, but that's fine, because that's OK.

I look forward to purchasing this fine release.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to see him in Seattle as he's apparently here the same night as Radiohead. Oh well.

I feel like my post last night was an understatement.

Barring Shearwater, I'm certain that, at this early stage, this is my favorite album of the year.

Not really, iYup. Cool idea though. Regardless, glad the thread got bumped, I thought I had the album preordered and realized I did not.

That duet with Annie Clark is lovely. I haven't listened to this album enough, but I like it a lot so far.

I like Near Death Experience Experience quite a bit. Seems like old days Birdy.

Saw Birdy last night. Absolutely wonderful. I took a friend who's visiting from out of town, who had never heard of him, and she said it was one of the best shows she's ever been to. It was in a small theater seating about 800 people so it was quite intimate and special.

:up:

He's super good live.

What do you think of the new album, by the way? We haven't really talked about it since it came out.

I like it a lot. I need to listen to it more but I bought too many new things at once so I don't even know the songs by name yet. The new stuff sounded amazing last night. I especially loved the simpler songs he played (his version of the B-stage).

Laura Marling opened the show and was lovely.

I heard the album a second time since it came out, it's still wonderful, definitely one of my favorite albums of the year so far. I wish it were a bit shorter is all.

Back
Top Bottom