Am I wrong In saying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The Beastie Boys suck. All their songs are garbage. Give me NWA any day.

Yes, you're very wrong. VERY WRONG.

This should be in Zoo Confessionals, that's how wrong you are.

Wha??? Beastie Boys rock. And I really wouldn't compare them to NWA either, that's like saying all rock is comparable. "Radiohead suck, give me Metallica anyday."

How can you not like the Besties? They've sampled Zeppelin, they've played their own instuments, they've dressed up like 70's undercover cops, they fought for your right to party, they've been politically active, and they've worked with Biz Markie

you haven't met Justin before, have you?
:D

Yes I have heard their songs, why else do you think I made this thread. The only subpar song is Brass Monkey. But Nah I don't like them.

Other tracks I have listened to from their "Licensced to Ill" album- Rhymin and Stealin, Paul Revere, Posse In Effect

Other songs Shambala, Sabatoge.

Hey Justin, good to see you back, but like I said not sure why you're posting NWA videos, they're two completely different genres...

Why don't you tell us exactly why you don't like the Beastie Boys instead...

I don't like them cause their songs sound excactly the same. Pac came up with more genius lyrics than these guys. Beastie Boys sounds like a college Rock/rap band who made it by luck.

Beastie Boys are the Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit of their time.

Paul's Boutique is ridiculously awesome. Check that album out. Few albums of any genre can touch it. I'm not a huge fan of their latest stuff, it all started to sound the same to me after Check Your Head, but they had some great great moments.

Once again I'm not sure the comparisons are fair. Pac was a great lyricist, but Beastie Boys were meant to be fun.

You clearly haven't heard enough of their songs if you think they all sound alike, like I said sometimes they sample, sometime they play live instruments, they've been all over the place from 80's metal to New York sounds to 70's funk...

I can just think of so many worse acts to pick on. :shrug:

Maybe he doesn't like their style of rap. :shrug:

And that's fine, but to have created a whole new thread, I woud have figured there's a reason for such strong hatred.

If I created a thread for all the acts I didn't like someone would have to buy a new server...

Plus I wasn't sure he really knew who they were given the comparisons he's made.

Back
Top Bottom