Am I wrong In saying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funoc1.png

The Beastie Boys suck to you, and to others who don't like them, thats fine.

I personally think they are f-ing amazing, and if they were live in this city I would not hesitate to go see them, at ALL!. :up:

However, I do enjoy THE WISEGUYS that bit more!

they are amazin, SAY OH LA LA SAY OH!

:up::up:

I do think The Beastie Boys are overrated. They have a few really good songs but for the most part they aren't that great.

Well, if anything, The Beastie Boys are UNDERRATED around here.

The Boys have been making rhymes since the early 80's. By 1986, they hit the mainstream. They sold a lot of records thanks to License to Ill. Since then, they've been doing things their way. The Boys aren't about "singles". They are about rhymes and vibes. If you don't dig either then you're shit outta luck.

Name another rap group that's been around as long as The Beasties.

In answer to the thread title: YES.

I'm not a big fan, but I echo NSW's reasoning, that being that the Beastie Boys have had an immeasurable impact on the genre, and for that they deserve respect.

Name another rap group that's been around as long as The Beasties.

I understand what you're saying, but longevity does not always equal quality in the music business. For further proof, see Bon Jovi.

I understand what you're saying, but longevity does not always equal quality in the music business. For further proof, see Bon Jovi.

LOL! I agree with you there, but in The Beasties' case, it does.

Btw, Bon Jovi aren't exactly the best example because they have managed to re-invent themselves several times and also managed to maintain a high level of popularity and success.

What do you think of Rap today, was Nas right in his assumption that it's dead?

Yes. Good (mainstream) rap died with Biggie Smalls. The worst part is the music industry feeds us bullshit, and the music purchasing public eats that shit up because they're too lazy to be challenged by their music.

There's no more originality, in beats or lyrics. Make up a stupid dance, repeat its name over and over and over again in your only single, and you'll sell a hundred thousand records. Today's "MCs" (to use the term very loosely) rap about how much money they have. The legends rap(ped) about not having money.

At least there's underground rap.

Justin, if you want something to listen to, I'll send you a youtube playlist. You'll forget all about NWA (even though they were fuckin' sick back in the day - RIP Eric Wright).

Yes. Good (mainstream) rap died with Biggie Smalls. The worst part is the music industry feeds us bullshit, and the music purchasing public eats that shit up because they're too lazy to be challenged by their music.

There's no more originality, in beats or lyrics. Make up a stupid dance, repeat its name over and over and over again in your only single, and you'll sell a hundred thousand records. Today's "MCs" (to use the term very loosely) rap about how much money they have. The legends rap(ped) about not having money.

At least there's underground rap.

Justin, if you want something to listen to, I'll send you a youtube playlist. You'll forget all about NWA (even though they were fuckin' sick back in the day - RIP Eric Wright).

Please do send me that list. I am also not just confined to NWA.

Back
Top Bottom