Am I wrong In saying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I do believe Justin has been Snow'd on!

Did someone mention Snow?

snow-informer_s.jpg

Now that guy had mad skills...:wink:

I agree with this, their newer stuff seems to be sounding very repetitive lately...

Seriously? As an actual "album" (a piece of work with overarching themes in lyrics, substance, or sound), I thought most felt 'To the 5 Boroughs' was the best they'd released. Also, some of their all time biggest singles were on the last few albums. But yeah, I guess singles wise, they always seem to choose a specific type of song. :shrug:

Regardless, I completely agree with BonoVoxSupastar. Like it or not, The Beastie Boys were one of few acts that put hip hop on the map and influenced how it should sound and be performed. They came far before 2Pac or even NWA, so obviously their styles and general purpose are going to be completely different. I personally always respected them far more for NOT trying to jump into the whole gangsta rap phenomenon that they obviously were not a part of in reality (which didn't stop the vast majority of the hip hop artists of the '90's from getting on the bandwagon...) To act as if they "lucked into" fame that rivals essentially all other hip hop artists and acclaim from critics, music press, their peers, and followers alike, completely dismisses the era of music they came from, and the fact that they've been able to continue making music that people enjoy for decades since.

And while I agree that it's fine to state an "opinion" about music, I still believe that saying a group or artist "sucks" and "all their songs are garbage" isn't exactly the best way to go about it. Comments like this essentially piss all over anyone who actually likes them and their work, where as comments like "I don't enjoy this artist for this reason and that reason" at least prove to people that you're not just an enormous douche bag. But that is all just my opinion.
crap.gif

Seriously? As an actual "album" (a piece of work with overarching themes in lyrics, substance, or sound), I thought most felt 'To the 5 Boroughs' was the best they'd released.

:shocked: No, no, no. It's got to be Paul's Boutique by a mile. That album is very coherent, and I've never heard anything else quite like it before or since.

Justin had envy so I shot him in the head.

DON'T COME OVER HERE!

Oh snap!

:corn:

I personally never got into Beastie but this is still gonna be fun to watch! :corn:

DOUBLE popcorn? Shee-it.

:shocked: No, no, no. It's got to be Paul's Boutique by a mile. That album is very coherent, and I've never heard anything else quite like it before or since.

They're both amazing albums, in my opinion. "Hey Ladies" is one of my favorite songs ever... even helped make a music video for it.

at least prove to people that you're not just an enormous douche bag. But that is all just my opinion.
crap.gif

I did prove in some way why I don't like their music (all sounds the same) and you sound like a douche for calling a person with an opinions you do not agree with as a douche, so if I am a douche then your a douche.

Hate is a strong Word. I will refraise it, I don't like beastie boys or their music.

You know, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to a lot of interferencers in my time. u2popmofo is not one of them.

Anyone have a WAV. file of what a douche sounds like, cause I kinda always wondered what u2popmofo sounded like! :sad:

The Beastie Boys suck. All their songs are garbage. Give me NWA any day.

I agree wholeheartedly, I've never found anything they've done the least bit enjoyable.

They just sound and act annoying to me...

To each his or her own however.

I will refraise it, I don't like beastie boys or their music.

Fair enough, I can understand that. :hug: :happy:

You know, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to a lot of interferencers in my time. u2popmofo is not one of them.

Anyone have a WAV. file of what a douche sounds like, cause I kinda always wondered what u2popmofo sounded like! :sad:

I don't think my sword hand's anger can be quenched with just your blood, zonemeister.

~Apostle of Muscle

I figured if I blue myself early, I'd be nice and relaxed for a 9:00 dinner reservation. And if you'd like, I could make that reservation for...

You know, first of all, we are doing this for her, okay, because neither one of us wants to get divorced. And second-of-ly, I know you’re the big marriage expert. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot. Your wife is dead.

Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up, Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected - Hey, where the fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?

Well, I've always wanted to remake Annie Hall. Except I wouldn't want to get in bed with a green producer like a Sofia Coppola, though. Oh, but give me an old pro like a Robert Redford. Oh, I'd jump into bed with him in a second. And I wouldn't just lie there, NSFW, if that's what you're thinking.

How do we filter out the teases? We don't let them in. This goes for the guys, too. Because sometimes the guys are tapped out. But check your lease, Impy. Because you're living in Fuck City.

Back
Top Bottom