Albums/artists on/for which you really only dig a handful of tunes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reflektor has come very close to destroying my interest in Arcade Fire. Which is odd in some ways, as it's not without some good tracks, it's just a mess... and before then, I was fairly keen on them. The trouble is it has caused me to look askance at earlier work as well, particularly The Suburbs, and to wonder, just how long the emperor has been without clothes...

I enjoyed much of Reflektor but I couldn't get into anything they'd done earlier.

1. Funeral
2. Neon Bible
3. Suburbs
4. Reflektor

in order of quality. There are tremendous peaks on all four, but each successive one is increasingly spotty.

I always thought Dire Straits would fit in here for me, until one day I just forced myself to go right through the discog - cannot get enough now. I used to only like greatest hits, now the deep cuts are taking over.

Here's what is likely to be an unpopular one - Led Zeppelin. I just can't find a way in to liking more than 5 or 6 tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Actually, Dire Straits may be a good pick. Love Over Gold is a great album, but I have no need for almost any other song from their discography.

Actually, Dire Straits may be a good pick. Love Over Gold is a great album, but I have no need for almost any other song from their discography.

Brothers in Arms is all time. Fond of walk of life and tunnel of love too.

Brothers in Arms is all time. Fond of walk of life and tunnel of love too.

I grew up with my mother's cassette of On The Night - a great live EP - being a soundtrack to many trips by car, and that was pretty cool. But apart from Love Over Gold, I never warmed to an entire Dire Straits studio album. Individual songs, sure. But Love Over Gold is where it's at for me, and in particular Telegraph Road.

Fair call. I'm pretty keen on making movies as a whole. The Brothers in Arms album would be better with one or two clunkers removed

Fair call. I'm pretty keen on making movies as a whole. The Brothers in Arms album would be better with one or two clunkers removed

I don't know if Skateaway is a particularly well loved song in their discography, but it's always been the song that's stood out to me most from Making Movies.

I don't think there is a single weak song on making movies. Expresso Love and Tunnel of Love are my standouts

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more consistent artist than Neil Young between Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere and Tonight's the Night. Straight gold through that run.

Neil Young may end up being in that category for me. Admittedly I've heard very little at this point of such a varied career but Old Man trumps everything else I've heard. Kinda like IWB and Life is Not a Movie or Maybe, I just love that song so goddamn much.

Back
Top Bottom