Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Myspace is blocked at work, so I cannot listen. I will trust your opinions on it, Elfa. For now.....

:bump:

Yup, time for my annual post in the Air thread. New album coming in February! :hyper:

Air to release new album titled 'Le Voyage Dans La Lune'

French duo Air have announced they are to release a new album in the new year on February the 7th titled Le Voyage Dans La Lune. The album is said to be inspired by the 1902 short film of the same name from Georges Méliès'. The duo worked on the recent re-release and updated version of the film earlier in the year prior to its Cannes Film Festival debut. Taking inspiration from a silent film should make for some very interesting listening indeed come February and the record will also feature some guest vocals from Beach House's Victoria Legrand too.

Le Voyage Dans La Lune is set for release on the 7th of February via Astralwerks and will come with a limited edition version of the aforementioned short silent film. The tracklist can be peeped after the jump.

Le Voyage Dans La Lune Tracklist:
01. Astronomic Club
02. Seven Stars
03. Retour sur terre
04. Parade
05. Moon Fever
06. Sonic Armada
07. Who Am I Know?
08. Décollage
09. Cosmic Trip
10. Homme lune
11.Lava

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/jo...-new-album-titled-le-voyage-dans-la-lune.html

Ohhh shit. I saw "Sexy Boy" as a song title and thought to myself, surely this isn't THAT damn song? Oh, but it is! I can't remember why I know it. Actually though, I'm quite enjoying it now.

Some commercial recently had a version with some sort of choir singing the song, I think.

Franz Ferdinand also had a cover of the song when they were still relevant.

I saw on Wiki it was in an Axe commercial. It was also in 10 Things I hate About You. I think it was on a CDs at Quiznos, though, that's what keeps popping into my head.

Yeah, hopefully it's good. Want to be disappointed in me, Elfa? Well, I only own Moon Safari and 10,000 Hz....

Yeah, I love the singles from it, but for some reason have never picked it up. It's on a list of "stuff I need to buy", but I never do it. I should just order it online right now.

Done. Hurry up, random Amazon seller, and get me that $8 copy of the album brand new.

elevated_u2_fan said:
CD at Quiznos? Nice...

I missed you Scumbo, are you excited for the new album?

Yeah, the four hour long CD we received once a month that I'd be then forced to listen to every day had some weird things on them. Not saying Air is weird, but I'm talking things like Coldly B-sides, Spice Girls solo material, non-singles from everyone and their brother, super underground stuff, Aimee Mann, just weird, wild stuff.

I really was loving Moon Safari until I fell asleep. I think I had two tracks left, so I will definitely give it another spin tomorrow. I vaguely remember Travis laughing at me for listening to Husker Du and then Air with no buffer, but I was in a "first night back to midnights" sleep coma so that may have been a dream.

Ok, gave it a second spin today and I definitely like it a lot. Not sure if I want to explore more of their catalogue or not. I guess we'll just see what happens if ever I'm in an Air-y mood again.

Really loved "Ce matin-la". May have been my favorite track.

New one's out next week, isn't it? I heard a track on the radio this morning. Despite it being very French, I still liked it quite a bit. :wink:

They must be friends with the dude from Justice, because that most recent album was fairly disappointing.

I listened to it once on Spotify today and liked it.
Elfa listened to it once and disliked it.

Who's right, who's wrong, who hates gravy?

Back
Top Bottom